+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DA Ron Carver (Courtney B. Vance)

DA Ron Carver (Courtney B. Vance)

Courtney B.
    Vance
    as District Attorney Ron Carver

Courtney B. Vance returns for the second season of NBC’s drama “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” as New York Assistant District Attorney Ron Carver.

Vance was born in Detroit, Michigan and later graduated from Harvard with a bachelor of arts degree and the Yale School of Drama with a master of fine arts degree. While attending Harvard, Vance was already working as an actor at the Boston Shakespeare Company. He went on to earn two Tony Award nominations, each in Tony Award-winning productions. He was first nominated for his role in August Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play “Fences,” and later for his lead role in John Guare’s “Six Degrees of Separation.”

Vance’s feature-film roles have won him steady praise. His early credits include “Hamburger Hill” and “The Hunt for Red October.” More recently, he appeared in Robert Altman’s “Cookie’s Fortune,” Penny Marshall’s “Preacher’s Wife” and in Clint Eastwood’s “Space Cowboys.” He also starred in the independent film “Love and Action in Chicago,” a romantic comedy which he also co-produced. Next, Vance stars opposite Sylvester Stallone in the thriller “Eye See You.”

Vance’s television credits include such cable movies as “Blind Faith” (opposite Charles S. Dutton, for which he received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Actor), the William Friedkin-directed “12 Angry Men” (with Jack Lemmon, George C. Scott and Ossie Davis), the Hallmark presentation “The Boys Next Door” (alongside Nathan Lane, Tony Goldwyn and Michael Jeter), “The Tuskegee Airmen” (with Laurence Fishburne and Andre Braugher) and the television production of August Wilson’s play “The Piano Lesson.”

Away from the set, Vance enjoys spending time with his wife, actress Angela Bassett. His birthday is March 12.

Princess
    Now, this guy & character is boooring (imo). Oh - geez, he has the same birthday as me :!

I thought Courtney would be the reason I would be able to get into CI - he isn't.
    Can't watch that show at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    He doesn't get much to do legally as the cops always get a confession out of the bad guys because they are so damn clever. This series is completely focused on the detectives and the assistants district attorney (ADA) is just a bit player. I really didn't like how Vincent D'Nofrio (sp?) suckered in ADA Carver when questioning the wife of another ADA about an attempt on her husband's life. They should have told Carver that it was his co-worker who was the target of their investigation. Ish.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread