+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Det. Alexandra Eames (Kathryn Erbe)

Det. Alexandra Eames (Kathryn Erbe)

Kathryn
    Erbe
    as Det. Alexandra Eames

Kathryn Erbe returns for a second season and relishes her pro-active role in NBC’s drama “Law & Order: Criminal Intent ” as the assertive, clever New York Det. Alexandra Eames.

As Erbe jokes, “As the only level headed woman in the cast, I keep the men in line. But seriously, who could ask for a better opportunity than to partner with Vincent D’Onofrio and to play a strong intelligent female lead on a show like this?”

Born in Boston and raised in Newton, Massachusetts, Erbe’s interest in acting developed at a young age.

Shortly before graduating from the New York University drama program with a bachelor of arts degree, Erbe was cast as Lynn Redgrave’s daughter on the 1989 sitcom “Chicken Soup.” Upon her return to New York City, she joined the cast of the Steppenwolf Broadway production of “The Grapes of Wrath,” which received the 1990 Tony Award for best play. Immediately following her Broadway appearance, Erbe won the role of Anna, the daughter of Richard Dreyfuss and friend of Bill Murray in the film “What About Bob?”

Soon after, Erbe returned to Broadway to star in “The Speed of Darkness,” and was nominated for a Tony for Best Supporting Actress. A member of both the Steppenwolf Theatre Company and the Atlantic Theatre Company, Erbe performed in many plays, including “A Streetcar Named Desire,” “A Month in the Country,” “Down the Shore” and “My Thing of Love.”

On film, Erbe appeared with Albert Finney and Alfre Woodard in “Rich in Love,” and in “Kiss of Death” with Helen Hunt and Nicolas Cage, as well as in the independent films “Dream with the Fishes,” “Love from Ground Zero” and “Entropy.” Last year, she starred opposite Kevin Bacon in “A Stir of Echoes,” and she also will star in the upcoming film “Speaking of Sex” with Lara Flynn Boyle and James Spader.

On the small screen, Erbe played the infamous death row inmate Shirley Bellenger on the acclaimed cable series “Oz.” She has also appeared on “Homicide: Life on the Street,” playing a woman who murdered her boyfriend for giving her AIDS.

Away from the set, Erbe enjoys spending time in New York with her husband, actor-director Terry Kinney, and her 6-year-old daughter Maeve. Her birthday is July 5.

I can't get into CI at all.
    I just don't find either Erbe or Donofrio to be very believable characters.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I really like Eames. She's my favorite character on this show. Like I said in another thread, she plays a great supporting role to D'Onofrio's bombastic dectective.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Princess
    I agree LG, at first she might seem pale in comparison to d'Onfrio, but after a while you see how well they match each other. Like a "good cop, bad cop" theme, but not that obvious.

LG.
    she's definitely the "catches more flies with honey" side of that crew. I liked the episode last season where they were investigating the fake sick kid who was scamming money on the internet and how the supporters of this scam would talk to Eames as she seemed much more sympathetic than Gorvan, go figure.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Princess
    - little did they know! It was a pretty interesting ep, btw.

+ Reply to Thread