+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADA Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston)

This from E! news, it is well over a year old, but may explain his recent absence from the public stage:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,7748,00.html

Law & Order's Michael Moriarity entering rehab after Vancouver judge orders him to stay away from his live-in girlfriend, whom he assaulted. The charges will be dropped if he complies with the order for one full year.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    Yup, he's in spin dry, would explain his disappearance.

Back on topic about McCoy (I know, I was the one who diverted it to Moriarity), McCoy is much more willing to use the law and its rules to get a result he wants, whereas Stone would only charge if the criminal elements were clearly there. NY didn't have a death penalty until after McCoy took over on the show, but I don't think Stone would charge someone with a capital offense if he thought it wouldn't stick or be appropriate just to get cooperation from the suspect against someone else, but who knows. McCoy had a history of sleeping with female ADAs when he first came on the show, but fortunately that has faded away.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Princess
    McCoy had a history of sleeping with female ADAs when he first came on the show, but fortunately that has faded away.
    LG - I had all forgotten about that! I wouldn't mind if he still was (altough, as his character has developed now it wouldn't really work that well, I think).

LG.
    I just remember when he was coming in as Stone's replacement, cringing about that old lawyer stereotype, not that it doesn't happen, but I'd find it hard to "root for" a female ADA on the show who is sleeping with her boss, as McCoy and Stone were both in a supervisory position. On the show the "junior" featured ADAs have all been female since the departure of the very first one, what was his name, Paul Robinette? I like to see positive female attorney roles, how completely unrealistic of me, I know.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Princess
    I'd find it hard to "root for" a female ADA on the show who is sleeping with her boss, as McCoy and Stone were both in a supervisory position
    Hmmmm, I rather think the other way round there - I'd find it hard to "root for" the boss who takes advantage of his (or her) supervisory position.
    I like to see positive female attorney roles, how completely unrealistic of me, I know.
    Well, some of the women in The Practice are depicted in a pretty positive way, imo.
    (And yes, I believe it was Paul Robinette).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12