+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: fave shows that dont air anymore

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    "Perfect Strangers" was definitely a show I loved and miss. I'm a sucker for slapstick comedy.

If you want to talk reality shows...I loved that Fox show "Murder In Smalltown X". Very creative and well-written. It's sad to know that Angel Juarbe, the winner of Smalltown X died in the September 11 attacks however. It was still great TV, and I'm hoping that it will come back someday.

twin peaks, my so-called life, and millenium
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    I loved Murder in Small Town X!!
    I really which they'd make a reality channel...just play old reality shows...I'd watch them...

Freaks and Geeks was great...John Doe, Mister Sterling.

Chances are if I like it...it gets cancelled.

The worst TGIF show ever was Just The Ten Of Us...remember that massacre?
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by beezwax177
    I loved Murder in Small Town X!!
    I really which they'd make a reality channel...just play old reality shows...I'd watch them...

Freaks and Geeks was great...John Doe, Mister Sterling.

Chances are if I like it...it gets cancelled.

The worst TGIF show ever was Just The Ten Of Us...remember that massacre?
    a fellow ears with feet??? yay!!

have you been over to the tori thread???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I miss... My So Called Life, 90210, Party of Five, Melrose Place... Im 25 so those were all in my teens and early 20's.

Sitcoms I miss... Roseanne and Seinfeld

I ramble...

From yesteryear...

All the late 80s to mid-90s shows, feel good shows were good. I noticed a trend in my tv watching recently most everything I watch is drama. I do get some laughs in with Yes Dear and King of Queens though.

More recent shows I miss: Ally McBeal (the early years), Family Law, and Party of Five.

oh man I keep thinking of more, and the more you all post the more I seem to think of and miss. Twin peaks, 90210, perfect strangers (loved Balky!) .. I can't really miss seinfeld much, it's on TBS and UPN all the time, I usually happen to catch it by accident atleast once in a while .. not sure anyone remembers the final "trial" episode - saw it last month for the first time since I originally saw it [whenever it was that the show ended, 99?] .. it was way better. I guess it's because all the clips that are shown and all the characters that make cameo's seem so fresh now, I know it was not really well recieved, but it was pretty hilarious

I echo Roseanne & Ally McBeal.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    twin peaks, my so-called life, and millenium
    Twin Peaks! Woo Woo. I suddenly have a craving for a cup of coffee and a peice of pie. Do you watch "Carnivale" BP? If not, check it out. I will remind you a lot of Twin Peaks.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I also enjoyed Hidden Hills, my husband thought 'Janine' was uber-hot
    I had trouble watching this show because they guy who played the white lead male charecter because he was so whiney and a crumungeon. To me, this show seemed like a watered down, less racy version of "Mind of the Married Man".

Duxxy was 'Janine' the white lead charcter? I also found her to be quite the hottie but I wondered why the writers decided to make her a "doctor". There was no point to do so as she never seemed to be at work.

She must have had the easiest schedule of any young doctor in the history of the universe. As we all know from watching shows like ER, young doctors tend to work about 60 hours a week or more between their internship and residency. She seemed to be in her mid 20's and yet always seemed to be at home, at the neighbors, at her kids soccer games etc. Why not just make her a bank teller or travel agent or some other career with more normal hours. Plus they never really had any dialog that dealt with her being a doctor other than to occassionally mention that she was a doctor. Didnt get.

I actually wanted very much to like this show. I am glad you and your hubby did. It had potential. Just didnt make the most of it.

+ Reply to Thread