+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 2: 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (10/29 - Episode 1)

Day 2: 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (10/29)

Day 2: 8:00 AM-9:00 AM

60 min.
    Return: Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is back to fight another day as the acclaimed series opens its second season with a commercial-free episode.

The format is the same---each hour is a separate episode---but the day now starts at 8 A.M. It's been a year since Jack lost his wife, and the emotional toll includes estrangement from his daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert), who is now a live-in au pair for a troubled family. Jack is no longer with CTU, and no longer interested in that line of work---until he's summoned directly by President Palmer (Dennis Haysbert). The situation: terrorists have planted a nuclear device somewhere in Los Angeles and plan to detonate it within 24 hours.

If you miss this for some reason, FX will be re-airing episodes each week on the following Monday at 11pm ET. In this case, it would be 11/04.

Cool, and good to know FX will keep up with the re-airings.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Day 2 discussion 8-9am (possible spoiler)

Alright!!!! Man this show is starting season 2 smoking!!!! fast out of the gate!!! I loved it and can't wait for next week. Now I have something to watch on tuesday nights. I don't blame Jack at all for ignoring the calls from CTU, afterall they allowed his wife to get killed INSIDE THE BUILDING!! Mason is a moron still, Kimberly isn't being too understanding again. Looks like she has hooked up with another loser. Who is this Michelle character and does she have the hots for Tony? I loved the way Jack took charge and basically started snubbing Mason cause he is useless as tits on a boar hog.
    That and the way he shot that witness... great move!!!! wonder why he needed a hack saw.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 10-30-2002 at 12:51 AM.

Aw, dammit.

What an excellent show. I'm sucked right back in, just like LG predicted! I'm such a freakin' pawn.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Guessing on the hacksaw...He takes the guy's head to the bad guys, to show he's down with them. You know, a "hey look, I killed the only witness to your crimes, I must be cool" type of thing.

And wow. That was an excellent episode! Kim's useless, just like last season...Good time for a bathroom break, like that one article I posted said.

Body count: 1
    Beat up: 3

Wow, are we going to keep a running body count? That would be cool, but may prove hard to do
    Kim...loser
    Jack...ah he shaved... Jacks back
    Tony...Glad he's back. I liked him last year
    Mr. President Glad he and his son have what looks to be a good relationship

It was weird watching again... I found myself wondering how they were going to wrap this up in "15 minutes", Then realized...oh, that's right, their not!
    Next week looks intense too.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Palmer...Looks like he buffed up a little in the off-season
    Tony...Miss his soul patch
    Jack...I kind of liked him bearded, but either way's okay

Did anyone else notice that Palmer stopped his car on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, then is suddenly in an underground fortress with 3 levels and tons of people? How does that happen? I mean, those people obviously don't LIVE there...Right? Okay, I haven't quite suspended my disbelief yet.

Overall, I liked it so far. I think someone needs to cap Mason, but that's just my leftover resentment from last season. Nimrod.

And I'm not quite sure I liked Paula, played by Sara Gilbert, yet.

Oh yeah...Am I crazy, or is that new chick that works for CTU the one who worked for Palmer last season, and stabbed the bad dude?

Not the same woman, John. 100% certain. The staffer from last year was much cuter, in my opinion.

Kim subplot: Hopefully, they can off her quickly, too. And does she ever wear clothes? Just curious.

Which big-name character is next to go? My way-out-there guess is Tony. My slightly more reasonable guess is Mason.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast