+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.5 - Judgment Day 10-27-2002

LG.

4.5 - Judgment Day 10-27-2002

JUDGEMENT DAY, Parts I & II
    9pm 10/28/02 ALL NEW!
    RUSSIAN MOBSTER SHATTERS SULLY'S WORLD; ROY SCHEIDER RETURNS TO GUEST-STAR -- Officer Sully's (Skipp Sudduth) world is crumbling after the Russian gangster Chevchenko (guest star Roy Scheider, "All That Jazz") metes out his own kind of brutal family justice -- which forces the cop into an ugly confrontation with his Ukrainian wife Tatiana (guest star Savannah Haske) and a rival detective (guest star James Remar) over their plan to use her to trap the mobster. Elsewhere, Officer Yokas (Molly Price) confronts her teen daughter (guest star Bonnie Dennison) over some festering family problems; Officer Davis (Coby Bell) resists the offer of an insistent police bigshot (guest star Julian Gamble) who wants him to be his designated limo driver, and on solo patrol, Bosco (Jason Wiles) courts trouble when he tries to impress a beautiful female in distress. Anthony Ruivivar, Michael Beach, Eddie Cibrian, Kim Raver and Amy Carlson also star. TV-14

TWO HOURS TONIGHT!!!!!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I CAN'T WAIT.

I'm gonna be... watching! All two hours. I dont know if I should watch earlier on NBC or wait for CTV. NBC comes in messy and CTV comes in clear but I'll have to wait a lot longer to watch on CTV...

Excellent show!!

I loved how Sully got his revenge right under the noses of the OCB and the taped conversation will clear him of any wrongdoing.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

LG.
    hopefully Cherchenko had handled his own gun so it will appear that he could have been holding it on Sully, but the text of the tape wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Why would Cherchenko pull a gun on Sully just after offering him $100,000 as a bribe, as I didn't hear Sully reject the bribe. People don't usually start shooting in the middle of a business transaction, which is what this was for Cherchenko.

What did you think about the Beatitudes - Sermon on the Mount being read by Fred as Sully went out to do "justice"? There was a lot of judgment going on in this episode, Sully and the OCB cop judging Tatiana for her past involvement with Cherchenko, and Sully's judgment of cherchenko, which resulted in Sully being "judge, jury and executioner" which flies in the face of what Fred was reading to the kids about "judge lest you be judged". I think Sully will have plenty of guilt and crap to deal with about this, guilt for how he betrayed Tatiana and never got to apologize to her and guilt over setting up Cherchenko, even though he was a scumbag, re: was it really his place to pass judgment? We shall see.

Very interesting episode/
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I knew Tatiana was gonna die.

Bosco was hottt. I was groaning when he was pulling the macho crap though.

Hey, at least he was honest about it.

The voice-overs the writers put into this show, especially Fred's Sermon on the Mount . . . Love the irony.

As for Sully shooting up Chevchenkov . . . It's possible that Chevchenkov could have pulled a gun on Sully. See, Sully didn't say anything about the bribe, and Chenvchenkov could have interpreted that in any way he so pleased. And who knows? Maybe Chevchenkov had something similar in mind the whole time; Sully just got it done first.
    But that wouldn't explain why he turned his back on Silly I don't think . . . Hmm . . . Well, they were right; his ego certainly was his weakness.

In any event, the whole little sub-plot with Doc and Carlos was hilarious. Just watching the two of 'em "treat" the "serious accident victim . . ." I was rolling on the couch.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Princess
    I was sooo hoping Tatiana wouldn't die, even though it's been going in that direction for a while really
    Agreed LG, I can't see that anyone listening to that tape would belive that he was shooting in self defense.....

Yeah it kindah stank that Tatiana bought it. But-eh, she had it coming, dare I say it. I mean, how dense could one be as to ask a mob-boss such a thing as granting one's son amnesty? Didn't she realize he was the only key to a successful prosecution? Of course Chevchenkov'd want Sergei dead. Tatiana practically killed her own son, if indirectly.
    Okay, so Chevchenkov fed her and her son, gave 'em money for clothes, etc. etc. etc. How long ago was this? And how many times has Chevchenkov attempted to kill Sully?

In any event . . . With this whole tape thing, yeah, most of the characters probably aren't going to buy it. But can they really do anything about it? Most of this episode was mired in red-tape and "circumstantial evidence." What's on the tape is on the tape; no one else was with Sully at the time except for Chevchenkov who's now dead. No one but Sully can prove or disprove Chevchenkov was really taking a bead on him except Sully himself, and I think we all know there's little chance of Sully telling the truth here.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread