+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk Show Pet Peeves

Talk Show Pet Peeves

I can't stand when Talk shows (ya know, the crappy daytime ones...ie: Jenny Jones, Maury...) Have guests on that dress like complete sleazbags, yet they title the shows "You dress too sexy for......"
    There is nothing sexy about sleaze....
    Especially when they are talking about 11 year old girls in g-strings and bikini tops or a woman who is 275lbs and 5 feet tall wearing a tube top and shorty shorts.
    Don't get me wrong... you can be overweight and still look good... just not wearing things like that. Then to call it sexy? Uhg!
    Makes me want to
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Ah yes, the "My Mom Dresses Like a Trashy 'Ho" episodes are so wonderful. Leave it to Jenny Jones to give them a makeover so everyone can feel good about it. Idiots.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I hate when Maury Povich does the same topic day after day, especially the "which one is the baby's father" theme. It gets old.

And I hate when he drags it out for two or three shows, as in "find out the results of the DNA test tomorrow!"

golly, Maury is good for that isn't he?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I stopped watching Montel because of that. All of his shows were either "Who's the real daddy?" or "Your kids need boot camp".

LG.
    Boot Camp for teenagers, doesn't Sally Jessie Rapheal own the rights to that show idea?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I must be really mean as I love it when they do a "you're my baby daddy" show and the man ends up not being the father after the woman has sworn blind that there are no other possibilities.
    "That's Numberwang!"

:stupid That's really more of a like than a peeve
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff...I remember one episode several years ago...I think it was Rikki Lake...They were doing a "who's the father?" show, and they had one woman up there with 2 men...She said she didn't know which one of them was the father but that it was one of them. Rikki got the results and read them: "XXX, you are not the father." The woman was relieved, because she admitted she wanted YYY to be the father. Anyway, Rikki went to get the envelope with YYY's results, and our girl said something like, "Yo, Rikki, I know that YYY be my baby daddy. You can sho nuf tear up that envelope, girl." Rikki said she would read the results anyway. Needless to say, Rikki read, "YYY, you are not the father, either." You should have heard the audience!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast