+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk Show Pet Peeves

The bootcamp theme also gets on my last nerve. I read sometime during the summer that one of the talk show hosts that are notorious for the bootcamp theme is being sued because one of the kids who was sent there was sent to the desert and ended up getting sunstroke and died with no food or water. I think that is why Maury Povich no longer sends them to boot camp, but to the Hudson County Prison in Jersey City, NJ to see what life behind bars is like.

Princess
    CB - that's awful, if it's true!
    Otherwise, I think "Talk Show Pet Peeves" is something of an oxymoron....
    (Not saying that I never watch them, of course , but sometimes pet peeves are just too enjoyable!)

I'm with Fluff.. I like the Who's My Baby's Daddy shows. I actually like Maury more than the rest.

Jenny Jones. EVERY episode is the same.. Jenny trying to be cool.

My biggest pet peeve is the lame 'titles' they give the show. Jenny and Ricki Lake are the worst offenders.

I also don't like Lie Detector episodes. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pass one. Surely SOMEONE must not be lying.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Modesty, I saw this report on one of the 20/20 type shows but I can't remember which one.

Cali said:
    or a woman who is 275lbs and 5 feet tall wearing a tube top and shorty shorts.
    You forgot to add, "who thinks she's all that and a bag of chips"!

Exactly...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The problem with Maury is that whoever edits together the "teasers" before going to break on these shows nearly always gives the game away.
    You can nearly always tell whether the guy will be the father or not as they show the reactions in their teaser clips.

There was once a 17 year old girl on the Maruy show looking for the father of her two year old son.
    She had become pregnant when she was just 14 and swore blind that a particular guy was the father. They got him on the show and both the girl and her mother proceeded to cuss him out and carry on only to find out he wasn't the father.
    The girl had six other men tested before giving up her search.
    So she had slept with at least 8 different men around the time she got pregnant at 14.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12