Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSI: 10/31 - "Abra Cadaver"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

CSI: 10/31 - "Abra Cadaver"

From TVGuide.com

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
    Abra Cadaver
    60 min.

The strange worlds of magic and rock music are explored in this creepy episode. Grissom (William Petersen) investigates when a woman vanishes while taking part in a magician's act. The female volunteer is placed inside the Amazing Zephyr's “Chamber of Doom” and the illusionist (Tom Noonan) thrusts swords through the box. When it's opened, she's gone---and doesn't reappear in her seat as she's supposed to. Only traces of blood are left inside the chamber. Clues lead the CSIs to an eerie, decrepit mansion filled with secrets. Elsewhere, a rock star's death on a band bus appears to be the result of an overdose, but Catherine (Marg Helgenberger) uncovers evidence that points to murder.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I really missed this show this past week! I'm so happy it's back next week!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

This was one of the best episodes of CSI I've seen yet. It was scary, funny, creepy, and had a good finish. I really liked it.

Perfect for a Halloween evening.

I thought I might actually lose it when he not only took the guys finger, but then they showed him removing the bone and putting it on.
    Did he really have to wear t to get the print? Heck, did he have to chop it off at all?
    Ewwww.
    It was a great episode though, and I did enjoy it
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

That was pretty good, when he "wore" the finger to get the print

I really liked this episode, as I've said. It was interesting, but then I've always been interested in magic.

Princess
    Interesting....... I actually didn't care much for this ep. at all. Hmmm.... not sure why... I think maybe both crimes were a bit too "unlikely" to be believable, and they had too many twists and turns that they solved too quickly. Too much unnecessary unpleasant footage too (like the crucifiction - it really didn't have any meaning to the case). Re. the finger thing, I recall that I've seen or read about that method before, so I guess that was OK...

I agree with you Modesty.

I think that the secondary crime of the aged rocker could have been it's own major crime, and in order to fit it in as the 2nd story, they had to kind of fabricate the sunglasses part.

It was still a good show as always, just not up to the high standards I expect from it now.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I didn't really like this episode either....

Princess
    I think what I originally liked with this show was the slow tempo with lots of details of the investigation, I feel like they have been going away from that a bit this season to get some more "action". ...

You might be right about that. Now that you mention it, I think I have noticed the same thing.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast