+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Family Guy

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Family Guy

Peter's their main guy though, so he can't die.

If anyone should have died from the family, it should have been Chris. But since Chris is Seth Green's only character, that wasn't gonna happen either.

Or best, they shouldn't have killed anyone from the family. Maybe it was time for that old pedophile down the street to die. I think he and his ways could have been used up now.

Oh yeah that old guy after Chris--cannot beleive he's still on! And what about the Giggity man? Something should have happened to him too.

FORT Fogey

I think the writers want a new dog/pet with a different personality. People die in soaps because writers run dry on new material. I don't watch this show but when I heard they killed the dog that is the first thing that lept to mind.

I like Quagmire. He's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I heard they killed off Brian.

That really, really disappoints me. He was my favorite character. By a mile. And now they bring in some other dog who I probably won't give a f*** about. I'm not happy with this show.
    Since this has been announced it's not a spoiler.

No, you heard correctly here. Apparently the new dog is an Italian breed voiced by a guy from "The Sopranos."

As far as Brian being the one killed... yeah, I too am disappointed. He's really one of the more interesting characters in the show now, but I think Seth MacFarland may have been doing too many characters or something to make the change.

But I'm like most folks - there were other characters they could've taken out and it stay the same. The creepy old guy is one of them - he just is overused and there are few and far between laughs of the character. Really the only funny one was him fighting a senior who was a Nazi - basically a geriatric WWII battle.

The family itself didn't bother me, though they do have too much doom and gloom on Meg, making her the whipping girl of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I like Quagmire. He's one of my favorites.
    Mine too - love me some Quagmire!

This is a textbook case of a show "jumping the shark", whether or not Brian ever does come back. The show hasn't been all that funny since season 6, so I'd be fine with it ending, and just enjoying the older episodes in syndication.
    waywyrd and AJane like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This has killed the show for me (Brian
    had always been my favourite). Plus, the episode was a huge bummer. And hit by a car? Really? Huge fail.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, it looks like the backlash worked - Apparently Brian's coming back next week.

How on earth will they bring Brian back, and what will they do with Vinny? Stewie must build a new time machine.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

If Brian is coming back it's not because of backlash. Each episode takes many months from start to finish so I'm pretty sure whatever the story arc is, it was planned way in advance.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567