+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Family Guy

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I loved that episode. My favorite scene though in all the episodes has to be the Y2K episode in which Peter gets a coupon from the chicken and finds out it's expired and they fight for 12 minutes. And then the chicken is dead and Peter walks away bloody but the chicken gets up and tackles him! Greatest. Scene. Ever!

I loved it when Charlton Heston slammed his head on the fender of the car.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

There are so many episodes to choose from, but one of my favorite moments is from the episode where Lois keeps Peter drunk to win the piano recital. Stewie asks Peter to play the sad walking away music from the Incredible Hulk, then actually puts on a backpack and pretends to hitchhike…SO funny!

I love everything about the “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” ripoff.. from Peter falling and grasping his leg in pain for what seems like forever, to the chumbawumbas in the brewery kicking Joe out because the factory isn’t wheelchair accessible.

I love the episode when Stewie and Brian are stuck together – when the little girl falls down the well and no one can save her because they guy with the really long arms is busy tickling a midget stuck in a tree (Tee Hee!).

The episode where Peter’s jealousy gets out of hand – Lois mentions in a movie theatre how charming Hugh Grant is and Peter attacks the movie screen – causing Chris to yell “don’t do it Dad, he’s bigger than you!”

I could go on and on…

I loved that scene! The one with the stewie pretending to hitchhike. One of my favorite scenes has to be where they are watching the Brady Bunch and Lois says "Cigarettes. how does a boy like that go so wrong?" and peter is like "Well, Lois, it's because they live in such a crummy neighborhood." "Who? The Bradys" "Yeah" "Y'all want some pancakes?" "See, that's the worst we got here, Jemima's Witnesses" lol

Sometimes Peter's delivery of a line is just hilarious. At the end of the episode where the Pewterschmidt's dog had her puppies, Peter and the family are walking out of the hospital and Peter says really haltingly "I always thought that... um.... dogs.... laid eggs." It was hysterical the way he said it, as though he felt he needed to say something and just didn't know what to say. The line wouldn't have been as funny if he had said it without the pauses.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

PSi
    i love the subtleness of it all. but my fave line has to be
    Bailiff: Do you swar to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the turth?
    Peter: I do ....ya bastard .

Lol, if you've ever seen Wish Upon a Weinstein, on November 2nd, Cartoon Network, 11:30 EST/PST, there was a scene where they were in a synogauge and Peter was like " Optimus Prime! He's Jewish" And you see Optimus Prime roll in and he transforms and he has the Yamaka and the Torah, also (I should know this on account of that I'm Jewish), that thing that is sorta like a thin towel that hangs down your neck, you wear it in a synogauge if you are a male over 13, but it was hilarious.

When You Wish Upon a Weinstein is so much better with DVD quality. I love Volume 2!

There are a lot of similarities between this show and The Simpsons. Maybe that's why I like them both so much.

Peter and Homer are both loveable yet bumbling idiot husbands.

Lois and Marge are both dutiful wives, in love with their idiot husbands even though they could have "better".

Meg and Lisa are both social outcasts with no friends.

Chris and Bart.. not too much in common but they are both often dad's partner in crime.

Stewie and Maggie. Nothing really in common here. But Stewie does remind me a little of Sideshow Bob. Similar voice and accent, and they both did perform "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face", or whatever it's called. Stewie sang it about Lois and Sideshow Bob sang it about Bart.

Brian and Santa's Little Helper as far as I can see only have the being saved thing in common. Peter rescued Brian from life on streets and Homer saved SLH when his first owner threw him out after his racing career was over.

Peter's friend Cleveland owns his own deli. Homer's friend Moe owns his own bar. Peter's best friends are Quagmire and Cleveland - one black, one white. Homer's best friends are Lenny and Carl - one black, one white.

Did I miss anything? All things considered, I'm much more of a Family Guy fan.

Adult Swim aired the "Once Upon a Weinstein" episode Sunday. I didn't see what was so controversial. Though I must admit I get a little tense whenever anyone uses the word "Jew" in any context whatsoever. I always worry about what's going to come next, but I don't think the episode crossed any lines.

BTW, those written commercials they do on AS said that alternate lyrics to Peter's song are on the DVD. Anyone own the dvd and can tell us the difference?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast