+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk

New season of Monk starts in June!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    March 5th is season finale. Monk goes to jail, The Fat Man is back, but its Tim Curry this time, not Adam Arkin. Wonder why? Did Adam feel he was going to be type cast?
    I can't believe I watched the whole show without realizing that The Fat Man used to be Adam Arkin. Either way, that character is way too annoying. Can't wait for the new season to begin.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Less than 24 hours until the 12-hour Monk marathon on USA that starts at 7:00 A.M. to celebrate the season premiere that night.
    Is anyone else excited?
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    Less than 24 hours until the 12-hour Monk marathon on USA that starts at 7:00 A.M. to celebrate the season premiere that night.
    Is anyone else excited?
    I am.

IT'S ON TONIGHT!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar

Mr. Monk Takes Manhattan

Over at the official board, there was talk of some negative reviews from critics of the season premiere. :rolleyes
    I thought it was a pretty good episode. This episode was set in Manhattan and I love New York, so it already had that going for it. The jackhammer bit felt like it ran a minute too long, but the usage of the Season 1 theme at the end of the episode made up for that.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I liked the subway scene, where Monk was crying because he was in the subway train. It was an okay episode, but not one of my favorites. Last season provided a lot of really great episodes, I was disappointed that it was so short.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Good show that I swear poked a bit of fun at themselves. Monk solves a case involving an actor on a tv show that is "the greatest detective in San Fransisco". And the running commentary was that all the fans hated that the show changed its theme song. Gee, were the producers and USA network guys reading this board last year when they changed the shows theme to the Randy Nueman song? I did notice that the ORIGINAL theme song is now the ending theme song, so at least I can still hear that once a week. I couldn't figure this one out at all and I had all the clues given to me. Now I feel like Capt. Stottlemeyer
    This was one of my favorite episodes. Not only did they poke fun at Monk, but you could definitely tell that "Crimelab: SF" was a spoof on CSI. A really good one, at that. Sarah Silverman was absolutley hilarious as Darcy, and the crime was really kind of neat.

I also liked the cherry pie episode, the grandma episode (I love Rachel Dratch, and the grandma was hilarious), and the marriage counsellor episode from the episodes of season 3. I don't feel like naming all the ones I liked from the first two seasons, though, there are tons of them. Anyway, I didn't like the episode where Stottlemeyer's wife went into a coma, or whatever. It was way too predictable and unrealistic.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

i loved this episode - but then again i love this show, so i'm hard to disappoint. i agree with akuma that the jackhammer thing was too long, and agree with scooberoo that the crying in the subway was hysterical!

annnnnnnnnnd, i've been walking around for a couple of days saying, "she's now gone meatless." it's just stuck.

It was a great start for the new season and I agree too, that jackhammer scene was too long. Now to put post-it notes up to remind myself that the show is now on the schedule.

+ Reply to Thread