+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk

i don't have cable either, hep. makes me crazy. i went to my parents and caught about 5 reruns and LOVED the show! i hope they end up selling the series on dvd. either that or i'm going to have to break down and get cable.

You may not have to, Sher, they are starting to play some on ABC. Last time it was on they showed it on USA for a while, found it was popular and showed it on ABC too, but then they stopped. Now it's back on I guess but what a crummy time slot - 10PM on Saturday nights (I think, I'm sure about the time but not the day).

I want to break down and get cable too, but the problem is my husband is not a TV person and we have a 3 year old in the house so we don't really watch until she's in bed anyway. I keep talking up the Daily Show to him, we both loved that show when we had cable years ago. Maybe in this election year I can convince him it's worth it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

TONIGHT
    Mr. Monk and the Paperboy
    60 mins.

Monk fears he'll wind up in the obituaries after a newspaper thief kills his delivery boy in this first of a series of new episodes.
    It's easy to see why headliner Tony Shalhoub nabbed an Emmy last year when Monk scolds an investigating officer for wiping his shoes on the sleuth's pristine welcome mat. But when will Bitty Schram be awarded the same honor? Her Sharona remains a great foil, and challenges Monk's manhood by helping him open a bottle, a gate and a car door. “You think you can take me?” he asks defensively. Alas, the mystery isn't as sharp as the banter.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

And he can solve crimes by just reading a paper!!! Man I wish I had his knack of creative deduction. And what is with Lt. Disher and Sharona... Seems like he may be interested...a little.... but would she be reciprical to that idea?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I think there's been a little sumpin'-sumpin' going on between Disher and Sharona for a while... nothing they have acted on of course, but they like each other.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this episode. I enjoyed it, and even though I always figure it out early, this time I figured it out almost immediately. As soon as Sharona said no to the lottery ticket because someone had just won the big one.

I guess that's kind of the point of the show, but it seemed a tad too predictable this week.

Still lovin' it. Love the quirks, love the interaction between Monk/Sharona/Cops etc.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

.. . i never watched this show before . .. its pretty good and funny!

Mr. Monk and the TV star

Good show that I swear poked a bit of fun at themselves. Monk solves a case involving an actor on a tv show that is "the greatest detective in San Fransisco". And the running commentary was that all the fans hated that the show changed its theme song. Gee, were the producers and USA network guys reading this board last year when they changed the shows theme to the Randy Nueman song? I did notice that the ORIGINAL theme song is now the ending theme song, so at least I can still hear that once a week. I couldn't figure this one out at all and I had all the clues given to me. Now I feel like Capt. Stottlemeyer
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ilikai, Thanks for starting this thread!
    I love Monk!
    Started watching it last season and haven't missed one yet!

The self-defacing humor in "Mr. Monk and the TV star" is hilarious.
    "You should have your own TV show!"
    "I've put up a web-site and started a newsletter" (anyone you know?)
    And you've got to love the humor in the rise in music after the last line -- priceless...
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

FORT Newbie
    I missed the Jan. 30th episode and I feel like killing myself.

I think the great thing about Monk is the fact that there are always two things going on: the mystery and his neuroses. You just can't turn away from the screen because there's always something interesting to pay attention to.

And I have to say that I loved the episode with John Tuturo (probably spelled that wrong). I wouldn't want every episode to be like that, but once in a while an episode with real emotion is refreshing.

i was watching the old shows on abc on saturday nights, but i finally got cable, so i caught the actor-detective one and will be sure to catch tonight's epi! monk is such a great, great show.

+ Reply to Thread