+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk

Washing My Hair~Ooh aAh~ ChipzClayz's Avatar
    hello!
    I've really enjoyed watching Monk too! Too bad I was a little bit late & only managed to catch the last few episodes of the first season. it wasn't very popular here... so I doubt they'll be repeating or showing the 2nd season... sigh!

I loved the hotel episode from the first season! It's so interesting how Adrian Monk arrived at his conclusion that the maids were the culprits! Woa! How i wish I can watch that again!
    The episode about Monk on the plane was pretty amusing too! I was on the edge of my seat through out the show!!

BTW... love the theme song too...
    Uploaded it on my web as a background music too! Haa~
    Last edited by ChipzClayz; 06-22-2003 at 11:00 AM.
    "Listen baby this is Solid Love, and YOU're exactly what I'm dreamin' of..."

Re: Who was that crazy gym teacher?

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    His name is David Rasche. He was in a series called "Sledge Hammer" that was hilarious. He has also appeared in many films.
    **Kick, Kick**

Sledge Hammer! I remember loving that show, but can't remember anything about it
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey

David Rasche - Sledge Hammer Link

That's a link to the show. It will refresh your memory. I remember that he played a bumbling detective who used to talk to his gun a lot.

http://www.phrank.com/sh/

Have fun.

but Sharona's kid is a new actor isn't he?
    I think you are right Cali, I thought that was a different kid too. And I would have bet good money that Shadoe Stevens was Sledgehammer. Good thing I didn't. A good start for the new season though, I was dying when he was writing his name on the board..... it was driving me nuts. I wanted to grab the chalk and do it for him
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Ilikai
    I think you are right Cali, I thought that was a different kid too. And I would have bet good money that Shadoe Stevens was Sledgehammer. Good thing I didn't. A good start for the new season though, I was dying when he was writing his name on the board..... it was driving me nuts. I wanted to grab the chalk and do it for him
    You're right, it's a new kid and so far not nearly as good as Sharona's former kid. D'ya think?

Also, what about Andrew McCarthy turning up here as a villain after he got into an alleged dispute on L&A with Vincent D'Onofrio?

I love "Monk." It is funny and endearing just like the protagonist himself.

P.S. The original theme song which I liked a lot is heard at the end of the show. Randy Newman sings the new opening song. I miss all the umbrellas too.

Thanks Anna.

Shadoe... he was in Dave’s World right? And the announcer on some version of Hollywood Squares…

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    darn it, too much crap going on in my life that I forgot to set the vcr for Monk. missed the first show. maybe ABC will show it in a rerun like they did last year.

Joe, check the schedule on usanetwork.com and see if they are running it again this week. I caught it this morning since my vcr ran out of tape halfway through the show friday.

Cali, yes Shadoe was on Dave's World and he also does the American Top 40 countdown that Kasey Kasem started back in the way early 70's.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

On Hiatus
    I'm going to drag this thread out from the dead...I LOVE this show. It's rare that I find a new show that I take to immediately-but when I watched...I think it was Mr. Monk and The Airplane-I was HOOKED. I watched it because I always enjoyed Tony on Wings, but this role...it's like it was created for him (and it may have been.)

And as others in the thread have mentioned, they've done their OCD homework. I keep seeing things I do-it's nice to finally be able to laugh at my own eccentricities!

I HAVE to catch the first season somewhere. They're replaying this season, but not last. If anyone has tapes or something-PM me.

And I have GOT to see the series premier on DVD.

I'm surprised how totally excited by this show I got during the season. I haven't done that since...well. Friends started, maybe.

Anyone know when/if Season 3 is going to start? And I'm getting so tired of waiting for the Emmy's...go Tony!
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I swear I heard that new episodes would air in January, but I don't know where or when I heard it.

I hope they do though.

+ Reply to Thread