+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I mentioned before that Sharona was my favorite part of the show. Bitty really adds something to the show and her character had such a major role. Don't know if I'll be able to watch it without her, as the gameshow episode was lacking something huge with her not being in it.

As somebody mentioned earlier in this thread it seemed like they were trying a few new possibilities this season. Those being Varla and Kevin as Monk's sidekick. Varla was hilarious, and provided one of my very favorite episodes, but I can't imagine the dynamic she and Monk shared lasting for more than two or three episodes. As for Kevin... They tried making him even zanier than Monk himself, and that would never work in the long run.

I at least hope that they give Sharona a decent send off, maybe having her move to New Jersey (to give her an option to come back). I just hope they don't kill off the character, give the part to a different actress, or just have her disappear with no explanation.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep watching it without Sharona, too! The chemistry between Monk and Sharona (between all 4 main players, really!) is what makes this show so special. It's about Monk, but the 4 main characters really make the show fun. I can't imagine anyone being Monk's nurse, companion, confidant, etc., except Sharona. Humph!

i was so sad to hear bitty schram was leaving or let go or however you want to put it. i think the relationship between monk and sharona is the most important on the show. i really hope they find great story lines and phenomenal actors to add because i'd be sad to see it come to an end.

They replaced Sharona with Traylor Howard from "Two Guys and a Girl" and "Bram and Alice". Will it work? Time will tell.

Here's a link: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=20040915usa02

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I will tell you that I really like Traylor Howard. So this news actually gives me a little hope, but I'll wait to see what her character is like. I think she's a good actress, and can play characters very well. My only problem is the fact that she's playing a single mother. Sound like somebody we know and love? I guess single moms can relate to Monk's childish behavior.
    Last edited by scooberoo; 09-17-2004 at 11:44 PM.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fan
    It's too bad that Bitty Schram won't be in Monk anymore - her and Tony Shaloub worked so well with each other. I'm not sure I will watch it now - I think whatever money she was asking for, it really would have been worth it to the show to keep her.......

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Well, I for one am extremely DISPLEASED about Bitty/Sharona leaving the show. I like Monk, but I ADORE Sharona and Benjie. When I heard the news, my reaction was "well, I guess I won't be watching Monk anymore". USA is screwing up - big time.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I am wondering what will Bitty Schram appear in next. It would be nice to see her in something else now that she's no longer in Monk.

Any ideas?

From the USA network site.
    http://www.usanetwork.com/series/mon...ws.091504.html

TRAYLOR HOWARD JOINS THE CAST OF USA NETWORK'S MONK

Los Angeles, CA - September 15, 2004 - Traylor Howard has been signed to the cast of the Emmy® award-winning USA series Monk, it was announced today by Jeff Wachtel, USA's Executive Vice President, Original Programming. Production of new episodes is scheduled to begin Thursday, September 23rd.

Traylor joins Emmy® award-winner Tony Shalhoub and fellow cast members Ted Levine and Jason Gray-Standford as "Natalie," a former bartender and single mom who becomes Monk's assistant.

"Every successful series changes over the course of its life. We were fortunate to have Bitty Schram in our cast for two and a half seasons, and we are thrilled to have Traylor Howard join our cast now. Traylor is a wonderful comic actress, and a delightful addition to our accomplished ensemble," said Wachtel.

"We are thrilled to have Traylor aboard playing Monk's new assistant," said executive producer David Hoberman. "We fell in love with her during her audition and we're sure the audience will fall in love with her too."

Traylor Howard has previously appeared in television series including Bram and Alice, Boston Common, and Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. She has also appeared on the big screen in Me, Myself & Irene, and will next be seen in Son of the Mask. Howard has been featured in many television guest appearances including The West Wing and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

Monk is executive produced by show creators David Hoberman (Raising Helen, Bringing Down the House, The Negotiator, George of the Jungle) and Andy Breckman (Saturday Night Live, Letterman, Rat Race), along with Tony Shalhoub and Randy Zisk (Gideon's Crossing, NYPD Blue). Fern Field (Kane & Abel, Heartsounds) serves as co-executive producer and Tom Scharpling as supervising producer. Anthony Santa Croce (Carnivale) and David Breckman are producers. Monk is produced by Universal Network Television in association with Mandeville Films and Touchstone Television.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

ok, i love bitty schram. love her... but i'm a big fan of traylor howard, so like scooberoo, the news of her joining the cast is actually giving me hope as well.

+ Reply to Thread