+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk

I finally saw the finale! "The Monk" was pretty darn funny, although there's not really a medication like that is there? I'm sure certain meds could tone down the OCD, but it wouldn't make your whole personality do a 180 degree change like that or make you do things you wouldn't remember later, would it? At any rate, I was so relieved to have old Monk back by show's end. The show just wouldn't be the same if he wasn't all obsessive compulsive.

Speaking of the show not being the same, I'm also upset at the thought of the show without Sharona! I hope the rumors are just that--rumors!--and that she stays.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

what kills me is that she would leave a successful show, she's working!!! try being on unemployement for half a year while job hunting and you will be glad to be working, no matter how crappy the show is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Just saw the season finale episode.. hahaha

"The Monk needs some fresh air, I will see you cats & kittens outside."

I like Bitty Schram.

No Sharona -- Actress Exits USA's 'Monk'

It looks to be a done deal...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...vision_monk_dc

No Sharona -- Actress Exits USA's 'Monk'

(just bits of the article)

Schram will not return as Sharona, nurse and assistant to Shalhoub's obsessive-compulsive detective, when the show resumes the second half of its third season in January.

"'Monk' has decided to go in a different creative direction with some of its characters," a USA spokesman said. "Bitty will not continue with the cast and we thank her for her notable contributions and wish her the very best."

While both USA and Schram's management characterized Schram's exit as a change in creative direction, there were rumblings in recent weeks that some members of the series' supporting cast, including Schram, Ted Levine and Jason Gray-Stanford, attempted to renegotiate the terms of their contract.

Sources indicated that the renegotiation process led to the most recent filmed episode being shot without any of the three supporting actors.

Television networks are increasingly willing to take a hard line against raise-seeking actors who aren't absolutely essential to the show. Last month, the CBS hit drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" fired and rehired cast members George Eads and Jorja Fox after a similar salary standoff.

Monk is going to suck right now.

If they think they can lose Stottlemeyer then they are crazier than Monk is. The interaction between them is a major part of the show. As for Bitty leaving, I don't think that was a good idea, and looking back on this last season, it seems now that they were trying out different characters to replace her. Makes you wonder if the story that USA is putting out is true or their cover story. Almost seems like they dropped her character, not that she was trying for more money or decided to leave on her own.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Monk really works well because of the interaction between Sharona, Monk and the two police guys. I can't imagine the show with any of the supporting 3 gone! I really loved the relationship between Monk and Sharona, and the teasing that went on with Sharona and the younger detective. It wasn't just the Sharona character's interaction with Monk, but how she intereacted with everyone. She was integral to the show! Same with the other two. Ugh. bumming now.

My heart sank too that Sharona is gonna be no more....
    Like everyone has touched on already the interaction of Monk & her was the energy that kept me as a viewer tuned in....
    It's not gonna be the same but several episodes did manage to limp along...

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    I couldn't believe my eyes in reading that article among numerous others which reported the same thing!
    Unlike the CSI firings, this departure sounded mutual as if USA is actually going to let her go!
    The abilities of the Monk writers to churn out more good scripts regardless of the situation is going to be tested. There are only two scenarios that could come of this: the show is able to take a new direction without the Monk and Sharona combination of previous episodes, or it will "jump the shark." I am hoping the latter does not happen because I have just gotten into this show and it's one of the best shows I have been watching on tv!
    Cheers managed to go on for a couple more seasons after getting the replacements for Diane and Coach. I'm hoping Monk can pull off something similar.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

+ Reply to Thread