+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

The Shield: All Seasons

Is anyone following this series called "The Shield"?

PKeeper
    I saw most of the episodes from season one. Very Gritty. It is like NYPD Blue on steroids.

Hi Clarabell,
    As we discussed in another forum, I too watch this show. I can't believe that the new season doesn't start until January!
    Anyway, you mentioned not being able to keep the characters straight......Here is a cast member list:

Show Stars
    Michael Chiklis - Detective Vic Mackey (Main guy... used to be the Commish )

Catherine Dent - Officer Danielle "Danny" Sofer Partnered with the Gay African American cop. She was the one bitten by the transexual who (I think) definitely has Aids

Reed Diamond - Detective Terry Crowley Help me out here... I forget

Walton Goggins - Detective Shane Vendrell The only way I can think to describe him is that he's the Physco cop that actually thought the stripper was in love with him, and he had sex with her in the interrogation room (i think)

Michael Jace - Officer Julien Lowe African American gay cop?? I think??

Kenneth Johnson - Detective Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky I have no clue (I need to start watching again soon

Jay Karnes - Detective Holland "Dutch" Wagenbach HA... never knew his first name was Holland This is the cop partnered with the female African American cop (CCH Pounder), and he solved the serial murder case.

Benito Martinez - Captain David Aceveda Obviously the capt. Has it out for Vic, but seems to be getting snared in Vics web... also running for councilman or something??

CCH Pounder - Detective Claudette Wyms Dutch's partner

Brent Roam - Thomas Motyahshik I think this is the guy who pretty much is screwing Vic... he was in the drunk driving accident I think....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Super, Shield fans, I LOVE IT! As Cali knows, last season I raved about this show and recuited her into watching it with me just so I could post about it.

As for the cops, Cali, you did a good job explaining them. I've got more info on the two you didn't recall:

Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky is also called "Lem" by Vic's crew, the blonde guy who was dating the gang-guy's ex whom Lem accidentally shot, thinking he was her ex-boyfriend. What was her name, Tigre or something like that, but Lem spent an entire episode protecting her from her ex's posse and they had some steamy action.

Terry Crowley is the older, receding brunette, shorter guy in Vic's crew who didn't have much of a plot line, but he did they the crap beat out of him by Vic's junkie hooker girlfriend when Vic was trying to dry her out. She beat up Terry and "escaped" the hotel room to go get high, and Vic was ticked and not sure what to do with her baby as the hooker's mother (who usually watched the kid) had just died.

Vic's wife isn't listed, and at the end of the last season she took the kids and left. I wonder if she'll be back next season, if Vic tracks her down, or what. Remember when Vic had this baby at his house and his wife asked "is that your child?" and we never got an answer. Baby sure has his hair.

GREAT SHOW, I can't wait until it starts again.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Cali: OMG! I can't believe that I can't remember, either! I found the official website which not only updates on the episodes but gives cast characterizations and memory joggers. They have a message board over there, too, but it looks like the few who use it are not there to talk about the series. I think that after Michael Chiklis won the emmy, they should have just began the new season right there and then. By now, most of us are in the same boat, forgetting characters names and story lines! I am so looking foward to January, though. I can't wait to talk to you about this series. This should be fun! PS: Do you think the wife will come back anytime soon with the kids?

I also thought the drug addict's baby was Vics. And I agree, the baby was the spittin' image of Vic, and did you notice the way he looked at the baby when she shoved him in Vic's arms at the station and ran out the door?

I think You and Lurking girl posted at the same time Clara! She finished up the other descriptions for me, and asked about the wife too!
    I dug this up, something LG and I wrote at the end of the last season:
    by caliFINALE:
    Well, well....quite a show.
    It surprised me that Vics wife left with the kids. I know they had been hinting that things weren't going well, but it still surprised me.
    Nice to see Gilroy get into trouble ">
    I couldn't watch when Vic was holding the police badge up to that kids face... I was sure he was going to take out an eye ">
    Made hubby tell me what was happening!
    My husband has been watching the past few nights. Then last night he was SO tired he was ready to go to sleep at 9. We're flipping through the channels and he stops on Independence Day. He see's a commercial for the finale and says "Oh crap... now I'm hooked on this show and I have to stay up"
    by lurkinggirlCOOL, I have two converts to The Shield! The finale was great! I LOVE CLAUDETTE! It was gross when Vic was poking that perp with the badge of the dead cop, but Claudette telling him "you look fine to me" while shooting Vic a really dirty look, that was priceless. And Claudette telling that cop-killer punk kid "It takes everything I have not to slap you silly!" after he pretended to shoot Dutch. GO, GO, GO! CCH Pounder Rocks. Claudette is so cool.

Vic's family going into hiding? With what money? If she uses credit cards or checks he will track them down (of course he can, he's on the cards and account). He will automatically try to track her down at her family's houses and old friends, old neighborhood, whereever. She has no income and is trying to take care of 3 kids including one who is autistic? Get real. And she supposedly is surprised to find out that he's not 100% legit when he had $25,000 in disposable income available to spend on a special school for his son. No honest cop supporting a wife and three kids has that kind of disposable income. Period. She has to know that he's been taking some on the side, and frankly, she really annoyed me last night because after all it was ALL OVER THE NEWS that people were making fake 9-1-1 calls and SHOOTING COPS IN HIS PRECINCT that day. OH, I think this is a good day to go to my house, which my husband told me wasn't safe, and then just leave. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. I think when Gilroy told him they were alike, it hit close to home, so look for Vic to do some soul searching while he is looking for his family next season.

My husband was so pissed that Vic was just panicking and grabbing his chest in his house last night and didn't want that to be the ending of the season for Vic. He was cheering when he strapped on his big gun (and didn't bother to pick up his badge) as he went out the door. Hmmm, ok, he is still a manly man doing manly things.

Julian and Dani - finally clicking as partners. That's good. Julian sure needs something to go right in his life, and I like how Dani poked him in the chest to make sure he was wearing his vest before they responded to that clueless lady's call to get her arthritis medicine.

Do you think David and Vic now have an agreement not to get in each others' way? I think David gained points with Vic when he shot the female cop killer who had the jump on Vic. And David kept Vic out of the problems that took down Gilroy, and even defended Vic (touted his catching the 3 cop killers) to Gilroy when he was mouthing off and held off on executing the search warrant on his house. Vic has to value the importance of having an ally (rather than an enemy) in a position of authority, so he won't likely turn his back on David, but watch David slide just a little farther over to the dark side on his ascent to political power. Ha, I love the yin/yang good/evil aspect of this show. "

You know, Vic's character grew a lot this season, and the proof of that was in how he gained respect for Dutch after Dutch caught the serial killer, and then David last night. In the first episode of the series (which you probably saw just last week, but for me it was months ago, so forgive me if I'm wrong), Vic was a total ass to Dutch and stole his chocolate HoHos (poor Dutch). He also had nothing but lip for David, in that his management was preventing Vic from being able to "fight crime." Maybe Vic is realizing that there are different ways to be an effective crime fighter. Maybe he'll turn into batman. Who knows
    Figure that can get us talking while we wait FOREVER for the series to start up again

I edited just to clarify in my earlier quote that Vic's son has autism, not dyslexia. Oooops.
    Last edited by LG.; 10-25-2002 at 02:39 PM.

I still have a feeling that Julian has a deathwish or suicide in the line of fire thing going in his head. I think that he will be doing something and putting his partner in danger next season. I don't think that David and Vic are going to become bossom buddies next season. I think this rift between them and general non-trust is going to resurface and the tension is going to rise to new heights next season. I will have to print out the entire synopsis above to put the rest of my "gut feelings" down on this thread. Which by the way thank you so much for the breakdown. It refreshes my memory. I still say they needed to restart that series immediately right after the emmy award was given to Chiklis. They risk losing alot of viewers by waiting.

PKeeper
    Just a bit of trivia, this is not Michael Chiklis' first laed in a cop themed t.v. show.

Any guesses as to what the other one was?

The Commish
    I loved him there.
    I think he may have been in another too, but I can't think of one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast