+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

Re: The Shield: All Seasons

Did anyone else catch the finale of The Shield last night? I'm so disappointed that this show is ending. It's one of my favorites, although they didn't do enough episodes in a season for my tastes.

It was an intense final season. I always liked Vic but I'm not sure how I feel about him pretty much walking away from everything scott free. He lost his job and his family, but at least he's alive. Shane killing himself didn't surprise me, but killing Maura and little Jackson too really shocked me. And poor Ronnie, getting duped til the end and ending up in prison.

Dutch turned out to be a more likeable person for me but I sure would have liked to have seen someone take Aceveda down. I never liked him. I'm going to miss this show. Maybe I should ask for it on DVD for christmas.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've never watched this...the characters just seemed too unlikeable to me...even though I know it is very well done by all reports. I read review that said that the finale was an A+, and that added UNLIKE that of the Sopranos. You agree?

The finale was excellent, everything The Sopranos wasn't. My husband and I will really miss this show.

I unfortunately never watched the Sopranos. (don't have HBO) But I heard that the finale on that show was sort of left hanging. The Shield certainly didn't do that. Most of the questions get resolved. I'm glad there was an actual ending where, good or bad, you see what happened to the characters.

Many of the characters weren't very likable. Vic was a horrible person. He lied, stole, cheated and killed to get what he wanted, but he was a compelling character to watch. And like it or not, a very sucessful and effective police officer. All in all, I think it was one of the best shows on tv and I'll sure miss it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The Shield was full of fantastic anti-heroes. I loved Vic - great character all the way around, Kudos to Shawn Ryan and Kurt Sutter (btw, catch his show Sons of Anarchy if you can - I love it!) for creating one of the quintessential anti-heroes in modern television!

Vic's "fate" was perfect - 3 yrs, desk job, wearing a suit & tie, no contact with his kids/ex-wife, complete loss of respect from EVERYONE, having to live with knowing he was pretty much responsible for Shane, Mara, Jackson & Frances' deaths, having to live with knowing he screwed Ronnie over, royally, to "protect" an ex-wife who went to the cops to have him taken down... and having to spend every day at a desk job, in a small cubicle, contemplating the errors of his ways. Perfect fate - how could it've been any better!?! Death would've been too easy. Running would've been too cliche. Lock up would've been too trite.

The only one I felt "sorry" for was Ronnie. Always liked him a lot and to know he was the one who took the fall, just feels sad.

Great show. I'll miss it. Thank goodness for DVD sets If you have a chance, head to FX Network website and the page for The Shield... there are some GREAT extras!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread