+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Shield: All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2327272;
    Glenn Close was the worst addition to this show IMO, glad she wasn't on there too long
    I've been re-watching season 4 this weekend and I still liked Glen Close a lot. She has a great mix of tough-n-tender w/o being over the top. She agreed to a one-season contract because of her other professional commitments. I think they made great use of a great actress although when the season was up it was time for her to go.

I started out re-watching season 3 and at the end of that DVD-set one of the special features is something called "Breaking Episode 315" and it's an hour-long behind-the-scenes with the cast, writers, directors, etc for the season finale. Probably one of the better "extras" I've come across on a tv-show dvd-set.

I'm glad that Claudette is Captain in what we've seen of Season 6. She has a lot of potential. I truly hope Forest Whitaker is gone, g-o-n-e, GONE! There is nothing I like about him and even less that I like about Kavanaugh.

I'm very curious where Shawn Ryan see Vic's character going long-term and how he plans to wrap-up the series. I hope it's a long way off in the distant future

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

LG.

we haven't seen Shane's wife and son yet this season, but I'm sure we will as I'm sure Shane is contemplating eating his gun. The team really has lost something without Lem there. You look at that team and all you can see is the scars they all carry for hanging with Vic and his rule-breaking ways. Randy (is that the guy with the beard's name) has scars on his face from having it held down against a stove by one tough who was ticked at Vic. Shane's scars are emotional and deep, as they showed how he "developed" to naive guy who practically couldn't handle knowing that Vic had killed that IA cop in the series pilot to someone willing to blow up his own friend with a hand gernade to protect their lies.

Seeing Dani's son in the last episode, I think we can rule out Vic as the baby's father now as he looks too dark-skinned to be Vic's and Dani's child. I doubt Julian is really in the running either, given his past plots. Speaking of which, his family seems to have disappeared over the past couple of seasons.
    Last edited by LG.; 04-16-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2332810;
    we haven't seen Shane's wife and son yet this season, but I'm sure we will as I'm sure Shane is contemplating eating his gun. The team really has lost something without Lem there. You look at that team and all you can see is the scars they all carry for hanging with Vic and his rule-breaking ways. Randy (is that the guy with the beard's name) has scars on his face from having it held down against a stove by one tough who was ticked at Vic. Shane's scars are emotional and deep, as they showed how he "developed" to naive guy who practically couldn't handle knowing that Vic had killed that IA cop in the series pilot to someone willing to blow up his own friend with a hand gernade to protect their lies.

Seeing Dani's son in the last episode, I think we can rule out Vic as the baby's father now as he looks too dark-skinned to be Vic's and Dani's child. I doubt Julian is really in the running either, given his past plots. Speaking of which, his family seems to have disappeared over the past couple of seasons.
    yeah, i was wondering about Shane' wife/son and the baby they're expecting

guess they didn't wan't to give too much in the season and wanted to concentrate on Kavanaugh's exit the first few episodes

i think Shane is gonna contemplate eating his gun again before the seasons over... that seems alot easier to do than to confess to Vic

Randy --> "Ronnie"

i think the baby is Vic's remember they had a scene toward the end of last season where they got busy in the car.

back to Shane, as wacked out as this dude is i was kinda thinking he was Jonesing to murder somebody and here was an opportunity. He couldn't/wouldn't ever murder Vic if he had to but Lem's situation he would do it.

LG.

Shane's wife was always good for a healthy dose of crazy, as she is the one who brained that one guy on the strike team who went into a coma and we haven't heard from since. If Shane's guilt doesn't get to him his insane wife likely will. And what exactly is up with Corrine taunting Dani about her baby? Haven't Corrine and Vic been divorced for a while now? I seem to recall that she had "moved on" with the kids' autism tutor, well, until Vic chased him out of the picture. I want to find out more about what is going on with Dutch and Claudette. They've always been very interesting.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2332932;
    Shane's wife was always good for a healthy dose of crazy, as she is the one who brained that one guy on the strike team who went into a coma and we haven't heard from since. If Shane's guilt doesn't get to him his insane wife likely will. And what exactly is up with Corrine taunting Dani about her baby? Haven't Corrine and Vic been divorced for a while now? I seem to recall that she had "moved on" with the kids' autism tutor, well, until Vic chased him out of the picture. I want to find out more about what is going on with Dutch and Claudette. They've always been very interesting.
    Shane's wife, Mara, knocked Tavon in the head with her clothes-iron back in Season 3. Tavon finally came out of his coma and recalled that he and Shane had gotten into it and were fighting before he crashed his van. Vic tried to get Tavon to keep his mouth shut about fighting with Shane but Tavon wasn't goin for it. Finally it was Lem who convinced Tavon by lying to him saying he (Tavon) had smacked Mara and that is why Shane fought him. Tavon felt guilty and let it go. So Tavon did emerge from the coma.

Corrine had a brief involvement with her son Matthew's therapist, Owen, before he (Owen) took a job in Seattle and moved away. No matter how good of a therapist Owen was, Vic wasn't happy that Corrine was dating Matthew's therapist and said it was confusing for the child (convenient! LOL).

Mara has annoyed me from the beginning and hasn't done anything to redeem herself IMO.

We all know that Dutch has something dark lurking in his psyche. After he strangled that cat, the writing was on the wall.

We don't know that Vic is the father of Dani's baby. It's been implied many many times but hasn't been outright stated. I dunno, the last episode (last Tues) that baby sure looked African-American to me. Yeah, Corrine and Vic are divorced... but that doesn't mean Corrine keeps her nose outta things. I loved it when Dani called Corrine a craby bitch. Just looooooved it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2332841;
    yeah, i was wondering about Shane' wife/son and the baby they're expecting

guess they didn't wan't to give too much in the season and wanted to concentrate on Kavanaugh's exit the first few episodes

i think Shane is gonna contemplate eating his gun again before the seasons over... that seems alot easier to do than to confess to Vic

Randy --> "Ronnie"

i think the baby is Vic's remember they had a scene toward the end of last season where they got busy in the car.

back to Shane, as wacked out as this dude is i was kinda thinking he was Jonesing to murder somebody and here was an opportunity. He couldn't/wouldn't ever murder Vic if he had to but Lem's situation he would do it.
    Shane and Mara had a son... beginning of Season 4 he was "3 weeks old".

I was kinda surprised that they killed off Lem since he was so pivotal to everything... Ronnie was always the quiet one that was in the background. But everyone was still holding on to how Lem burned up the money-train haul and left them only with $185k to split amongst the three of them. All that mess they got into for less than a hundred grand a piece. Shane certainly never got over it and that's what caused him to doubt Lem so much last season... especially toward the end of last season. I honestly thought Lem wasn't gonna die and I was sadly disappointed to see Kenny Johnson go

This week's new episode was a really good one for Ronnie. I don't ever recall seeing so much of him before. Seeing him engaged with other characters and being a leader was wonderful. I'd love to see more of that. Maybe now with Lem being gone, Ronnie will be showcased more. I'd love to see that!

The Season 6 Finale airs tonight... if I count correctly that makes a total of about 10 episodes this season. TOO SHORT!!! Looks like it will be an intense finale. Remember to correctly set your DVR timers because the episode will run more than 90 minutes.

Am I the only one who watches this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2430891;

Am I the only one who watches this show?
    No, you're not It's one of my favorite shows ever!

This season's finale is, indeed, best described as intense. Just in case you haven't watched it yet, I won't spoil it for you. Let's just say that there are a lot of "twists and turns" in the major storylines, plus some comings and goings that (at least) I didn't expect. Pay close attention, too, because the episode is rich in story content, things that will spill over to the next, final season. Overall, I thought it was excellent ...

In Canada Season 6 started last week on CH.
    'Huuutch!' - Starsky

+ Reply to Thread