+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Just finished watching tonight's show which happened to be the season finale. Was just 'ok' until the last 20 minutes. Don't wanna spoil it for anyone. I can only say that I'm still in shock.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I knew you couldn't trust Shane. What a way for a strike team member to go.

I have to go back and watch it again. You know how much goes on that is not said. There are so many subtle nuances... especially when so many characters (primarily members of the Strike Team) are lying to everyone around them. So for my own peace of mind I have to go back and watch again... did Shane act on his own or was this Vic's idea? They're so duplicitous that you always find yourself asking "did they just do what I thought they did???"

Even a day later, I'm pained by the outcome I really did not expect this. And if my husband one more time says "but you know it's just a TV show", I'm gonna smack him I told him "anyone who can say that is obviously not a fan

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Newbie
    It was a crazy ending... From Tina crying, to Kavanaugh asking Vic "are you happy now" its a wild show, which goes to show you this IS the BEST drama and writing on TV. Lem will be missed, but lets be real he was the weakest link on the team.

Hell....he burned the moneytrain money. Next season should be very intersting especially now that Dutch has the PIMP vocabulary and knowledge to get into Tina's lil crotch.
    Last edited by John; 03-22-2006 at 10:56 PM.

FORT Fan
    I am a few episodes behind ... got them recorded on my DVR. The other night I went to catch up and realized that somehow I missed recording one episode.

I have looked on the internet in vain ... does anybody know of a site that recaps the episodes? So much happends that I hate to go forward without knowing what happened.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I So for my own peace of mind I have to go back and watch again... did Shane act on his own or was this Vic's idea?
    I feel he acted on his own. They waited a long time for Lem to meet them, and Shane was the only one who knew he wasn't coming. But I think it only took Vic about 2 seconds to piece it together once he saw it had been done with a grenade.

I saw Michael Chiklis on Regis last week and they asked him what he thought of Vic - is he a good guy or a bad guy or somewhere in between? Chiklis says he never answers that question. The viewers are supposed to interpret Vic for themselves. He said whenever the series finally ends he'll share his thoughts on Vic. I thought that was pretty cool - I've never heard an actor say that before.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Season 6

Season 6 premiered last night... so worth waiting for!

I love this show :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2312452;
    Season 6 premiered last night... so worth waiting for!

I love this show :-)
    I love it, too I watched it last night, and it was as if they picked up not far from where they left off at the end of last season (right after Lem's memorial service?). And, Kavanaugh... Wow, is he running a dangerous game with Vic, or what? It looked like the guy was committing a B & E, when he was prowling around Vic's house, while having him (Vic) think that the unis were waiting for him there. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds, regarding Shane, too...

Cat

Re: The Shield: All Seasons

I was glad to see the Kavanaugh-frames-Vic storyline unravel quickly. Even Dutch could tell it was just too convenient finding all that "evidence" at Vic's place. And it all started... and came undone... while Vic wasn't even there. That was sheer brilliance!!!

I think Shane's gonna lose it pretty quickly. He's never been good at keeping his emotions (especially guilt) in check. If he thinks Vic is mad at Guardo and seeking revenge, he ain't seen nothing come time Vic finds out it wasn't Guardo but Shane.

I wonder why it took Corrine soooooo long to file charges against Kavanaugh. While it is totally true, waiting so long makes her look extremely weak (well, she is so I guess I should leave that one alone).

I think Claudette will make a good Captain if they give her time. I still liked Monica Rollings (Glenn Close) the best tho. Aceveda needs to keep his nose outta the Barn... totally.

I wonder if we'll see Kavanaugh again or he is totally done with?

As always, great start to another season of a great show!

Re: The Shield: All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2327126;
    I was glad to see the Kavanaugh-frames-Vic storyline unravel quickly. Even Dutch could tell it was just too convenient finding all that "evidence" at Vic's place. And it all started... and came undone... while Vic wasn't even there. That was sheer brilliance!!!

I think Shane's gonna lose it pretty quickly. He's never been good at keeping his emotions (especially guilt) in check. If he thinks Vic is mad at Guardo and seeking revenge, he ain't seen nothing come time Vic finds out it wasn't Guardo but Shane.

I wonder why it took Corrine soooooo long to file charges against Kavanaugh. While it is totally true, waiting so long makes her look extremely weak (well, she is so I guess I should leave that one alone).

I think Claudette will make a good Captain if they give her time. I still liked Monica Rollings (Glenn Close) the best tho. Aceveda needs to keep his nose outta the Barn... totally.

I wonder if we'll see Kavanaugh again or he is totally done with?

As always, great start to another season of a great show!
    Glenn Close was the worst addition to this show IMO, glad she wasn't on there too long

on the flip side Forest Whitaker (who i never thought of as a good actor) was excellent at the Kav role. He was great, you just wanted to reach in and choke him for being a bitch and PITA. I was surprised that he just admitted what he did. although the el salv girl was going to tell the truth to claudette.

Shane, yeah his concience is getting to him... but he will let Vic kill guardo... he wouldn't come clean at this point, he'll most likely go back in his pickup and play with his gun.

+ Reply to Thread