+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

The Shield
    FX 21 Feb 14 10:00pm, 66 Mins.
    "Rap Payback" Episode #506.
    Kavanaugh sets up office inside the Barn; an elusive serial killer comes back into the lives of Dutch and Claudette; Julien's past adds tension to his relationship with Tina.
    Cast: Michael Chiklis, Benito Martinez, Glenn Close, CCH Pounder, Jay Karnes, Catherine Dent, Walton Goggins, Michael Jace, Kenneth Johnson, Forest Whitaker.
    Producer(s): Shawn Ryan, Scott Brazil.

The Shield
    FX Feb 21 10:00pm, 66 Mins.
    "Man Inside" Episode #507.
    The Strike Team's solidarity starts to crack under Kavanaugh's constant pressure; Vic considers a job offer from another police division.
    Cast: Michael Chiklis, Benito Martinez, Glenn Close, CCH Pounder, Jay Karnes, Catherine Dent, Walton Goggins, Michael Jace, Kenneth Johnson, Forest Whitaker.
    Producer(s): Shawn Ryan, Scott Brazil.

If you didn't watch tonight's Shield, you missed some hilarious one-liners like "You better check your color, honky" and "A couple of your crew caught dirt naps today" and "blow me"

I'd like to point out that Forest Whitaker invades my personal space just WATCHING him on TV. I can't imagine being in front of him in the show. Yuck. I hate it when people are like that!
    Last edited by charity; 02-15-2006 at 12:24 AM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    For hubby and I, the favorite one liner was "I get more black ass than a bus stop in Compton" LOL

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    For hubby and I, the favorite one liner was "I get more black ass than a bus stop in Compton" LOL
    And then there was the one about "swallowing a nut" and the discussion of a "glory hole". Most of the dialogue was hilarious but I yelled at the screen during the whole interview with Vick's ex-wife. I'd love to see a word-for-word transcript for last night's show!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    last weeks show had some great lines.......I hate forrest in this role. he is doing a great acting job because he sure is an a$$#0!e in this role. I want to see a safe fall on his egotistical head.......

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    I yelled at the screen during the whole interview with Vick's ex-wife. I'd love to see a word-for-word transcript for last night's show!
    As soon as she accepted the stick of gum from Kavanaugh weeks back, we all knew she'd be one to cave and start talking. So no real surprise when it happened. But my disappointment in her is that I figured her to be a stronger woman, tell Kavanaugh to kiss her a** and walk right on out of there. Understandably she's not a cop and doesn't have a cop's toughness but all those years with Vic and she still behaves that way? I was disappointed in her.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Wow, that was a pretty good episode last night. A lot happened.

Vic told Corin to get her own lawyer, be truthful, and just worry about her and the kids. Corin asked Vic if the female cop's baby was his and he said she'd never told him that.

Vic told the lawyer that he and his team had skimmed some money off the top, and that it was easy. Then he admitted he said that to Ronnie, Shane, and Lem. They were pissed and are going to get their own lawyer.

Aceveda is trying to get Lem to give up something small on the guys and send them all to prison for 1 year. He said that would be a small price to pay for all the stuff they'd done. Looks like Lem is considering it in the preview for next week.

The Strike Team worked with another division to do a big meth bust. Vic got to use C4 to blow up the wall of an apartment. The other division thought about bringing the Strike Team over to their department, but were told by superiors not to because of the IAD investigation.

The Strike Team learned that Cavanaugh is divorced, but has been wearing his wedding ring for 3 years after the fact and plan to use that against him.

Cavanaugh is looking into Juan Lesano (Aceveda's torturer that Antwon had killed for him) and Atwon Mitchell, which could bring down all our guys and Acevada. I think Cavanaugh investigating Aceveda could be the downfall of his investigation. Aceveda isn't going down without a fight, even if it means protecting the hated Strike Team to cover his butt. Looks like Cavanaugh is going to get Atwon to give up the Strike Team in return for putting them in the same prison as him, or at least that's what he's requesting. But, as we all know, the producers wouldn't let the show end like that. It's a show about cops, not a show about cops in prison or killed in prison.

Big breakthrough in the case Dutch and Claudette were working on. Claudette got the guy to confess, but that was after blood came out of her nose and they made him think his sister was dead. Then they carried the guy out in handcuffs, he saw his sister was alive, then Claudette fell (or was pushed) down the stairs. As we last saw she was unconscious on the stairs.

Whew, good stuff. Looks like in the previews that Vic and Cavanaugh have to work together in the next episode. Something about Vic's CI being used in a big sting. I'll definitely tune in. Is anyone else out there watching the Shield regularly?

Corine is irritating me with the dumbness, telling Cavanaugh about the money. Cavanaugh is irritating me with the pursuit of Vic and the strike team.
    I hope Vic plans for him to have an accident resulting in his demise the sooner the better..... Other than those couple of things, I love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    Corine is irritating me with the dumbness, telling Cavanaugh about the money. ...
    I agree with you, Noreen. Although I expected Corrine to possibly "turn" - cave in - once she fell for that "stick of gum" trick from Kavanaugh, I still wasn't fully prepared for the end result where she cracked under pressure during that interrogation and gave up that info about the money that Vic gave her. It pissed me off.

But, I also began to see how much she (apparently) has been looking up to Vic as the "brains" in their relationship, especially in these matters - to the point where he had to be the one to tell her to get a lawyer during this recent ep, when she should have thought of that herself, before consenting to say anything to Kavanaugh during that interrogation. Is Corrine THAT dependent on Vic? If so, then that's sad ... I can understand being unaware of one's husband having an affair, feeling betrayed, being the last to know, etc. - been there, done that. But, in MY book, once one is separated from one's husband, with no signs of reconciliation on the horizon, and one also has kids, home, and security to think about, then one should put one's brain into "saving one's own behind" mode.

Otherwise, I thought this was a very good, significant ep, in the scheme of things, since we are only a few eps closer to the end of mid-season next month. Other Strike Team members are considering the idea of getting "lawyered up", on their own. Ronnie had more lines, as well as a good idea (about them ALL getting their own lawyers...), in this ep, and he is usually pretty quiet, and in the background ... Aceveda seems to be feeling the heat of that "hound from hell" - Kavanaugh - on his behind, due to that arrangement Aceveda made with Antwon in jail regarding Juan, the guy who sexually assaulted him. Is that why he approached Lem and tried to convince him to give up something on Vic, get a lighter sentence in jail, etc.? Lem is, like, still in a quandary - don't know WHICH way he'll go, and he is still looking up to Vic. So sad...I feel for him, too. Nevertheless, the suspense in this cat-and-mouse game between the Strike Team and Kavanaugh is high, and I love it!

But, the scenes with Dutch and Claudette in this ep really got to me. Once they finally nailed that suspected serial killer, and after Claudette pushed herself to her limits (in the process), subsequently falling out, down the stairs, unconscious, I gasped and felt so bad for both her AND Dutch ... I know that Claudette is very ill (she has lupus), but, still, I would hate to see her be one of the folks that is slated to leave the show by the end of mid-season, since she is one of my favorites ...

I love this show and watch it every week. I will miss "the Shield" once the mid-season finale airs next month.

Cat

I see Acevedo going to Lem as a way to keep the deal Acevedo made with Antwon from ever surfacing.

As in... Acevedo being forced to give a little against his will. He is only concern that someone will find out that he had it in his mouth. He could careless about Lem and his well being.

So trying to force Lem to confess... to anything... will stop Kavanaugh's investigation by Acevedo's line of thinking. I hope if anything that whole issue with Antwon and Juan gets uncovered, that Vic is the one who finds out first.

Now one point I am completely confused about... is Vic not divorce from Corrine? I thought they were. And it was why Kavanaugh was on her like a duck on a june bug. That she was the ex-wife.

I still want Danni's "baby-daddy" to be Dutch! I want it to be someone completely out of left field. Anyone but Vic's. So Corrine can feel extra special guilty for selling out Vic because of idle gossip.

+ Reply to Thread