+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    My hubby and I have been anxiously awaiting The Shield! We LOVED the premeire episode!!! (I have a huge crush on Lem, who looked FINE in just a towel,thank you very much!)
    The rookie cop is gonna be trouble I predict....
    I hope Lem doesnt give up VIc....
    I loved Danny's Daddy Pool!! Hilarious.

What happen to Tevan??? No mention of him at all!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby View Post
    My hubby and I have been anxiously awaiting The Shield! We LOVED the premeire episode!!! (I have a huge crush on Lem, who looked FINE in just a towel,thank you very much!)
    The rookie cop is gonna be trouble I predict....
    I hope Lem doesnt give up VIc....
    I loved Danny's Daddy Pool!! Hilarious.

What happen to Tevan??? No mention of him at all!
    I was wondering where he has been too, they did mention a blip last season, but nothing so far, maybe all that will resurface. I can't believe I fell asleep during Tuesday's ep. Twice.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I missed last week's show... luckily I have it on TiVo Forrest Whitaker is my least favorite actor. Actually, I can't stand him. Can't stand him in any role I've seen him in. The Lem-candy was fabulous we definitely could use more of that. I don't think Vic is gonna be forced out any time soon... this show has legs and will be going for a while.

Don't forget to watch tonight's episode

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

In the end I believe that Shane will be the one who spills the beans on Vic, especially with his wife interferring.

Poor Dutch, for someone who puts himself out there as so smart and knowledgable- he can never see what is right in front of him.

Kavannaugh may not be as smart as he thinks, especially against Vic, and I hope his wife plays him along also.

Good episode.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I agree. Acevedo warned Cavanaugh not to undestimate Vic. Vic is smarter, slyer, and more manipulative than his superiors think. Every one of them has underestimated his ability to land on his feet, regardless of what situation he find himself in. He is amoral and sociopathic, but happens to be on the right side of the law (most of the time). He doesn't let his emotions guide him and that is his strength.

Forest Whitaker is a terrific actor. He can be evil or pathetic (or both), but always makes the viewer feel something toward him - good or bad.

The Shield is so real and is sometimes hard to watch. It ranks right up there with Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Rome for shows that grip you and leave you gasping with disbelief at times - but always entertaining.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    This is a show you just can't NOT watch.

I've always felt Lem was soft and would be the one to cave if something happened... but in this situation, he's holding up well, IMO.

Acevedo is right that everyone underestimates Vic... but he did too. If he had taken care of "the problem" (the Strike Team) way back when, they wouldn't be where they are now... but then we wouldn't have a show, now would we? I'm very curious to see how Vic takes care of his CI. She really did him wrong and now he knows it. Quick thinking on his part when Kavanaugh showed up. Vic is always either one step ahead or faster on his feet than anyone trying to get him... maybe it's both!

Am I the only one who doesn't know what's wrong with Claudine? Or did they never say it on the show so far?

And the new female trainee? Oh Puhleeze! Everytime she gets involved, you just KNOW it's gonna be a problem. Though I have to give the girl props for the way she handled herself when she was "undercover". I didn't like what she had to say to Dani about wanting to be the Queen Bee... but Dani is head and shoulders above her that no even seemingly casual remark goes without one hell of a retort.

Does anyone else think that maybe this female atty is going to end up as someone who's already on the "inside" and part of whatever they're going to do to take Vic and the Strike Team down?

And last but not least... when are they gonna get a new full time captain. This interim guy is a joke... he was a joke even before stepping into the captain position temporarily.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Show of hands who watched tonight!

Holy cow... this was the best episode so far this season.

I just love how IAD got the sh*t kicked out of them... with Acevado standing there looking dumb. Ole Vic is one sly guy... and I knew when there was no talking going on in their club house as they loaded their guns... that something good was up. Vic even made the new Capt. look like he was all plugged in and not so slow for once.

I kept assuming that Danni's baby daddy... was going to be anyone but Vic's. I want it to be someone way off the wall. Like Dutch. Cause that would be make great TV. Vic is the boring answer.

That new girl... just gets on my nerves. And Julian seems to have gotten a little less preachy this season. But he was cracking my up laying out in that hole... for sizing reasons.

As far as I can recall, Claudette did not mention she had Lupus till tonight. I kept thinking I had missed something from a earlier season but it looks like that this is the first mention of it.

Loved this episode- can you say egg on face. Forrest Whittaker looked like he was going to blow an artery-classic Vic!! New girl definitely annoying but so sexy. I would like more focus on Claudette at times, I think she is a great character. Dutch, I think he will end up bedding new girl and have it come back 2 fold on him. The actress did say she is only signed for 6 episodes, so who knows.

I'm very disappointed with this season's Shield. I think it's getting redundent that someone is always seconds away from busting Vic and his team and somehow they manage to slip by. This has been going on since day one. I think Danny's baby is Vic's but I don't have anything to go on for that theory except that scene last season where they were on a stakeout together mauling each other in the car. I'm just getting bored with it this season. I hope that Vic and his crew get caught at something really bad (pick one) and then I would like to see how they worm their way out of it and turn on each other. I think the show needs a shot in the arm. It's getting old.

I'm still lovin it. I must admit Forrest Whittaker is not my favorite with the same ole' catch me if you can, Strike Team theme. But, everything else holds my interest. Danny's baby's dad mmmm don't know, I do think it will look like whoever the father is and that will be the giveaway.

+ Reply to Thread