+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Poor Lem, he is a weak link and I think next season is going to really mess with that, too soon cause I still dislike him some for what he did with the "train" money.
    Do you all think the money Vic gave his estranged wife and told her not to tell Dutch was still money train $? I wondered about that. Is there still $ hidden somewhere for some of the guys?

And where the heck is Mora?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by charity
    Do you all think the money Vic gave his estranged wife and told her not to tell Dutch was still money train $? I wondered about that. Is there still $ hidden somewhere for some of the guys?

And where the heck is Mora?
    I think it was his share of the "retirement fund" they had been collecting over the years. remember at the start of the season they were all split up, except ronnie and vic so I think maybe they split the fund up too and each took his share.

Any word on a season 4 DVD. I am anxiously awaiting, but I think it will probably be out right before #5. FX is pretty good about getting things out quickly. I know the first episode of Over There will be available right after the premiere at the end of this month.

Currently, I am watching past episodes of "The Shield" on FX's "Stacked Saturdays" (?) The network has started running brief promos for the show's next season, which begins in January. And, in the captions that appear during the brief scenes, it says "...the beginning of the end..." Does it mean that next season will be the final one?

Cat

We'll get some new episodes soon! Remember the spy was there at the party and people were privately investigating the Strike Team when the last episode ended. Looks like they're getting a new captain. I guess that's who the unknown African American man in the previews are. I don't remember seeing him before and we know Glenn Close left the show. Vic is going to have some problems on his hands and Lem has to get cleared of those drugs. I was so angry at the girl that was a C.I.! I screamed at the TV.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    We'll get some new episodes soon! Remember the spy was there at the party and people were privately investigating the Strike Team when the last episode ended. Looks like they're getting a new captain. I guess that's who the unknown African American man in the previews are. I don't remember seeing him before and we know Glenn Close left the show. Vic is going to have some problems on his hands and Lem has to get cleared of those drugs. I was so angry at the girl that was a C.I.! I screamed at the TV.
    New episodes start on Tuesday January 10th.
    The "unknown African American man" is Forest Whitaker (name in real life) and he's the head of the Internal Affairs group investigating Mackey and his Strike Force Team.
    I don't consider these to be spoilers since I read them on CNN.com and they're very good about posting "spoiler alerts" which this article did not have.

I can't believe it's been 6 months... how in the world did I last that long?

But it's back it's back it's back!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Season 5 premiere (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post

But it's back it's back it's back!!!
    And, wow, that season premiere was hot! Everyone was on top of their game, and I loved the action and suspense. Plus, the Strike Team is bangin' again. But, look out for Kavanaugh, y'all... Despite that smarmy smile, that man is not playin' Otherwise, I thought that the "baby daddy" board/pool was hilarious ! And, I even got some "eye candy" - Lem, wearing nothing but a towel...

Overall, I saw a very rousing start to (what appears to be) a pivotal season. Anyone else see it yet?

Cat

That was as good as it gets and looks to get even better. Forrest Whittaker is great and creepy all in one. The baby has to be Vic's- wow, keep fillin that plate up Mackey!! That new rookie cop......one word-SMOKIN!!
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

FORT Fanatic
    I think the baby is Ronnie's.
    The episode was great - I love the tension, but I also wish the strike team would be left alone to just be their bad ass selves. I hate feeling like they're always about to be brought down.
    Vic's wife looked kind of sick - like her hair was much thinner looking than usual, and she just didn't look like herself to me. Odd.
    Forest is so awesome - I've loved him in everything he's been in - from the bad ass football player whose car gets wrecked by a Sean Penn Spicolli in Fast Times At Ridgemont High to the cricket playing dead Jody in The Crying Game.
    Dutch is nuts. when he had the kid in a choke hold, I kept thinking of him strangling that kitten a couple of seasons ago.
    The best part of the show was definitely Lem in that towel. Boy is fine.

FX has two of my favorite shows:
    The Shield and Nip/Tuck. I saw one episode of The Shield last year, and was hooked. I had to rent previous seasons from Netflix to see the whole thing in the exact order.
    I hope this BS about a "forced" retirement for Vic isn't the end of the line for this show.
    I have no idea who's baby it is, not even a guess at this point. But, I think she really wants to have a baby and may never tell who the father is.....

+ Reply to Thread