+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

Chach-
    What did you think of the season finale?

I have to say I'm glad they didn't kill off anyone and not tell us who it is. I wondered why noone called Monica to tell her about the party at the bar. And I hoped she would tell the Strike Team to watch out for the 'mole'. I'm sure Vic will tap his car & kill him when he finds out like he killed the last 'mole'. I thought there was someone besides that guy checking into just Vic, though. And, I wanted to punch that crack ho for talking about betraying Vic because he likes her kid. I guess I'm naive, but I have a hard time imagining people being that cruel, but I guess it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    Chach-
    What did you think of the season finale?

I have to say I'm glad they didn't kill off anyone and not tell us who it is. I wondered why noone called Monica to tell her about the party at the bar. And I hoped she would tell the Strike Team to watch out for the 'mole'. I'm sure Vic will tap his car & kill him when he finds out like he killed the last 'mole'. I thought there was someone besides that guy checking into just Vic, though. And, I wanted to punch that crack ho for talking about betraying Vic because he likes her kid. I guess I'm naive, but I have a hard time imagining people being that cruel, but I guess it goes on.
    We had pretty much the same thoughts, Charity! I thought it was a great show, and I was expecting Monica to say something to Vic, too. I'm not really sure why she didn't at that point. He seemed to be about the only friend she had at the barn. And yeah, it was hard to believe the CI chick would do that to Vic. He basically saved her life. I guess the other guy gave her more money, though.

I think this season was a transitional period - getting Aceveda out, having to reign in the strike team a little (just for the sake of realism) and on the whole I liked it a lot. The finale was very good. I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2006 for more shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I think this season was a transitional period - getting Aceveda out, having to reign in the strike team a little (just for the sake of realism) and on the whole I liked it a lot.
    Oh yea the strike team needed to get grounded... which was handle this go around. But dang it! Lem is the one looking dirty when he is the one always trying to do the right thing. After all his efforts to stay out of it... he is the one on the hot seat. This after having those gang-bangers stick his own shot-gun in his face....

And I don't believe for a moment that Aceveda is out of there. What I am looking forward to is Vic finding that very interesting picture of Aceveda giving that ....... Ohhhhhh can't wait for that to happen!

I am sad to see Monica leaving. But who knows... never say never. It would be a nice spin if she comes back... and burns Aceveda in the end with Vic's help. (okay I can dream!)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    *snip* I do think Glenn Close was good and would like to see her continue in the roll. *snip*
    From the outset it wasn't a secret that Glenn Close signed on for only a single season. If TPTB were trying to keep that info secret, it was a poorly kept one at best.

Personally, I thought she was the right actress for the role. Totally believable. But then again, I'm totally hooked on The Shield and think it's one of, if not THEE best, police shows ever on television.

As always, just my opinion

I was disappointed with the finale. It had very little excitement, only cliff hangers.

I didn't like Glenn Close at first but I think she fit in well. Hopefully she changed her mind about only 1 season.

Acevedo is a big ol' freak!!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Im going to misss Glenn Close she was awesome as Monica...
    I love the Strike Team again! (And I LOVE Lem...hes hot!)

Aceveda is not going anywhere in my opinion....

Great Finale...and where was Tevan???
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fan
    Can someone help me out please? My dvr cut off before the end of the show. The last thing I saw was people drinking in the bar.

Any info would be great! I stayed up late to catch up, now I'm left hanging!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Can someone help me out please? My dvr cut off before the end of the show. The last thing I saw was people drinking in the bar.

Any info would be great! I stayed up late to catch up, now I'm left hanging!
    That was basically the end of it... the (ex) captain drinking a beer, alone, on her sofa... and the rest of the cast celebrating at the bar. The cop whose looking to bring down the strike team (the one who got Vic's CI to turn against Vic) walked in and gave Mackie a look that no one noticed but the viewers. That was pretty much the end of the episode.

I'll miss this show during the hiatus

<sigh> at least I have Seasons 1-3 on DVD to keep me going until 2006...

FORT Fan
    Thanks, Marlena.

I'm going to miss this show, too. It just seems like there weren't enough episodes this season. And we'll probably have to wait until next spring for the new season, right? What a bummer.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Thanks, Marlena.

I'm going to miss this show, too. It just seems like there weren't enough episodes this season. And we'll probably have to wait until next spring for the new season, right? What a bummer.
    ne too. plus I think that they drug that antione mitchell crap out too damn long and made it seem like a short season.

Interesting that dutch turned down the job by saying "If you think I'm the kind of guy your looking for, your sadly mistaken" like he has been through enough crap and is getting a stronger backbone.

Poor Lem, he is a weak link and I think next season is going to really mess with that, too soon cause I still dislike him some for what he did with the "train" money.

+ Reply to Thread