+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Shield: All Seasons

Did anyone else in the FoRT see the Shield last night???? And what is up from the previews for the next show?! I wish Acaveda and that Army guy would go away. I like the Strike Team just the way they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    Did anyone else in the FoRT see the Shield last night???? And what is up from the previews for the next show?! I wish Acaveda and that Army guy would go away. I like the Strike Team just the way they used to be.
    I did! Faithful viewer #2. I have a feeling Army is going away pretty quickly - one way or another. I wish Aceveda would, too, but am not so sure that will happen.

I was expecting more from Vic when he found out Dutch was dating his ex than just spilling Dutch's coffee! I'm sure there will be more, but that was funny.

I'm just bummed that there's only two more new eps left!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I saw it and thought, "well thats it for Army" and aceveda is starting to agree? well only two shows left in the season and it was a long drag with the antione mitchell show, I was really starting to get bored with it and thinking this may be the last season if they drag this on so long.

I saw Army in an episode of CSI or CSI: Miami. He was a bartender or something, just a bit part. This has probably been the guy's biggest acting role. The writers must have been looking for a storyline that would put the old Strike Team together and planning on just using the Army guy until they got that together. Now they're back together and ready to roll. Unless. . . Shane goes to jail. But, if they didn't all go away for the money train then Shane won't go away for Antoine.

Where can we get some Shield spoilers?

Here's one big spoiler from http://tvguide.com/news/askausiello/
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Question: Any info on who's going to take over as captain of the Farmington district now that Glenn Close has decided to bail? Bill

Ausiello: I asked Shield creator Shawn Ryan whether he would consider bringing in another A-lister to replace Close next season, and here's what he said: "I don't know. That won't be the first priority. There's no desire on my part to just flatly try to hire an A-lister for the sake of hiring somebody. We feel the show stood on its own for three seasons before Glenn Close; it was the quality of the show that drew Glenn Close to it. So as much as she added, we don't feel like we can't move on without her. We'll see what happens." Personally, I'd like to see CCH (pronounced "Shhhhhhhhhhhh!") get her chance in the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    Where can we get some Shield spoilers?

Here's one big spoiler from http://tvguide.com/news/askausiello/
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Question: Any info on who's going to take over as captain of the Farmington district now that Glenn Close has decided to bail? Bill

Ausiello: I asked Shield creator Shawn Ryan whether he would consider bringing in another A-lister to replace Close next season, and here's what he said: "I don't know. That won't be the first priority. There's no desire on my part to just flatly try to hire an A-lister for the sake of hiring somebody. We feel the show stood on its own for three seasons before Glenn Close; it was the quality of the show that drew Glenn Close to it. So as much as she added, we don't feel like we can't move on without her. We'll see what happens." Personally, I'd like to see CCH (pronounced "Shhhhhhhhhhhh!") get her chance in the hot seat.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wouldn't want CC as captain. I'm as tired of her as I am Aceveda.

Season finale of the Shield tonight, people!

Actually, I like Aceveda and CCH, but I agree that the storyline has been boring. In fact, this was the most boring season ever. However, I do think Glenn Close was good and would like to see her continue in the roll. I did like the seasons past when the Strike Team was down and dirty. The most interesting person on the series to me, is Dutch. He is a sociopath but on the right side of the law - that is why he can identify with these killers and is so good at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    The most interesting person on the series to me, is Dutch. He is a sociopath but on the right side of the law - that is why he can identify with these killers and is so good at his job.
    I honestly haven't like Dutch's character since he killed the cat. As long as he doesn't make it to helm of command I'll keep watching.

This season hasn't grabbed me like prior seasons have, but it's still one of the very best shows on TV. I'm looking forward to the finale tonight, and I hope they don't make us wait another nine months for more new shows!

+ Reply to Thread