+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nip & Tuck debuts 7/22 on FX Channel

Nip & Tuck debuts 7/22 on FX Channel

Nip & Tuck is a new drama, about plastic surgery, debuting on the FX cable channel tomorrow night at 10pm EST. It has alot of good buzz surrounding it! Here is a review from Extra and the official link to the FX Channel.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailyn...03/07_21d.html
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...tuck/main.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Nip/Tuck'

It's got sexy surgeons, sizzling South Beach, and the ultimate search for perfection. You have never seen the world of plastic surgery quite like this before.

"Extra" got a skin-deep look behind the scenes of "Nip/Tuck", FX's new cutting edge adult drama about two partners in the sometimes-ugly business of beauty.

Former soap hunk Julian McMahon stars as playboy Dr. Christian Troy, whose "sexploits" always seem to get in the way of his medical ethics. Julian says, "Don't just get me wrong, it's not just all about sex scenes. They're integral to the characters and the storyline."

While Dr. Troy's partner, played by Dylan Walsh, prefers saving his own marriage.

So there's no question the show is provocative, and very, very life-like. Did we mention "Nip/Tuck" isn't for the squeamish? Dylan says, "Even though we're faking it, it's so realistic."

"Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy, a former journalist, got the idea for the show after interviewing a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon for a story.

So get out your scrubs, it looks like "Nip/Tuck" is ready to carve a real slice out of primetime.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If you have trouble with the FX link, they are using macromedia flash, so you may have to reset your cookies to acccomodate the site parameters. Enjoy
    Last edited by Sepialove; 07-21-2003 at 08:34 PM.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I'm actually looking forward to this show. I hear it's pretty graphic and pushing the lines for even FX, which has always pushed lines.

I'll be tuning in, I hope!

Forget about blurring and pushing, they DYNAMITED the line! This episode gripped me from the 1st scene. It is definitely NOT for the weak of heart or the timid. The writing is snappy and reminds me of David Kelley "Ally McBeal" or Thomas Schlamme "The West Wing", if they wrote for cable. I cant wait to see it again. They showed the premiere episode twice last night back to back.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    Forget about blurring and pushing, they DYNAMITED the line! This episode gripped me from the 1st scene. It is definitely NOT for the weak of heart or the timid. The writing is snappy and reminds me of David Kelley "Ally McBeal" or Thomas Schlamme "The West Wing", if they wrote for cable. I cant wait to see it again. They showed the premiere episode twice last night back to back.
    I totally agree. I taped the show and watched it yesterday morning. I loved every second of it. I'm a HUGE fan of Julian M. from "Charmed". That's what intially attracted me to the show, but the story lines and raw material kept me interested. I hope the show has a big following.

Bee
    This show is sooo HOT.. Something fresh. I keep seeing comericals for another "crime drama" show starting this fall.. If there is another CSI or Law&Order spinoff I'm going to scream...

This character for Julian is a step in an awesome direction. reminds you of his John Grant days from the Profiler.

Check out the Julian McMahon Club to learn more about Nip/Tuck...

http://www.mcmahoniacs.com/

Bee

Hey Bee! I thought I was the only one that ever watched Profiler. I used to have a season pass set up on Tivo until I realized I'd already seen all the episodes.

Oh, and welcome to The FORT...nice to have you here!

Ack, I missed the premiere!

I'll try to catch it in a re-run if they do it.

Bee
    Thanks for the welcome. I was taping all the profiler ( Court TV) but the first and second season are being released on DVD. I "might" buy them..

Our sources have told me that Nip/Tuck will rerun the first 5 weeks on FX the week of August 25th.

I know FX in my area is rerunning the first episode like 3 times this weekend.

I can't wait to watch this show all summer... I mean I love "some" of the reality shows but this is a nice relief to get my brain working and not laughing at BB4 and PH

Excellent show, finally got around to watching it last night. Very edgy and should keep my attention during the summer.

Hats off to FX for continuing to bring great original programming to TV!

Okay, I watched. I wasn't terribly impressed with it, to be honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast