+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty Python

School Is In Session! Passepartout's Avatar

Monty Python

I am a huge die-hard Monty Python fan since 1989 on and off with it being on again. I have about 30 "Flying Circus" episodes and the movie "The Meaning of Life".
    My favorite Python is Eric Idle because not only because is he funny but cute and adorable as well! I know that there are some Python fans.
    Please let me know if you are a Python fan!!

Welcome to the site, Passepartout.

I like Monty Python, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I got lucky and started watching MP when PBS was first showing it way back in the 70's. Came home from partying and saw the title and thought it was going to be a show on world war 1 airplanes . Sure was off on that one, guess it was the beer. BTW I always like John Cleese, though Mike Palin's travel adventure shows are great!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I once saw Michael Palin on a talk show talking about one of his travel shows. He was in China (I believe) and the translator told them what they were being served was snake, um, oysters. (you know, like rocky mountain oysters but from snakes. Trying to be PG-13.) Palin made a joke about it, and the footage was shown on the travel show.

He later got sued (this is what he was telling the talk show host) by an animal rights group who said this was cruelty. He said the most shocking thing was to see it all down on paper. He then said the following, in a booming, stern voice:

"PALIN: If you can find them, I will eat them."

[maybe it was the delivery but I have never forgot this, it was hilarious. He sounded like Henry VIII ordering a wife's head be brought on a platter.]
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

You guys Rule!!!!!!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Monty Python rules!
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I like John Cleese too. My favorite movie, and the only one that I own has to be The Holy Grail. The scene with the Black Night. HAVE AT YOU!

Monty Python is the greatest comedy group of all time, IMHO. I first saw them on PBS in 1976. My mom turned me on to them, because she was born in Hull, England and we use to watch a lot of the English comedies on PBS. They have a certain dry sense of humor and nudity, that's second to none

During the 70's I collected all of their albums (LPs - for those of you too young to know, think 12" dance records), which I still have. And I was lucky enough to see them in concert in 1980 at The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. It was a night I will never forget. Ironically, I just saw the DVD 'Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl'. I tried to see if I was anywhere in the crowd shots, but I think they had more than 1 concert. I also saw their AFI awards DVD and they are still funnier than most people out there.

John Cleese is my favorite and I love Fawlty Towers. Did you know he only filmed 12 episodes total, in 1975 & 1979? But they are so good that you can watch them over and over again.

Chris

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Im going to have to find some way to see that, it sounds hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Im going to have to find some way to see that, it sounds hilarious!
    Which one, Live at the Hollywood Bowl or the AFI awards? I was able to get them at Costco about 1 1/2 years ago, for $13 for the 2 DVDz. Very good deal.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast