Thread: Miss Match on NBC

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Miss Match on NBC

Miss Match

From NBC Website

I like Alicia Silverstone - but I can't decide what to think of this

FORT Newbie

I think It'll Work!

I think this show has definite potential for NBC. Alicia Silverstone just seems to have the personality and the work ethic to make this show work. And I think the previews for the show are cute and funny, but they are starting to get old.

The problem with NBC promotion is that they promote a little TOO much. Don't they learn anything? They promoted Hidden Hills & the In-Laws for the entire freakin' summer of June 2002, and what happened to them? Low ratings from the very beginning.

The two biggest drawbacks to the show are overpromotion and the fact that it's on Fridays. I see this as more of a Tuesday or Wednesday night show. Hopefully they'll change it.

FORT Newbie

Did You Tape Last Night's Miss Match?

Hi MaryBeth,

I absolutely adore the new show Miss Match. I screwed up last night not knowing NBC moved Miss Match from 8 to 9PM and ended up taping Queer Eye at 8PM. Did you happen to record last night's episode? If so, I'd love to borrow it. I will pick it up at your convenience and return it to you promptly.
    You can email me at lefleisch@yahoo.com to let me know.
    Thanks so much,
    Leeat :-)

I wasn't thrilled. I've only seen one (I assume it was the second episode *oct 10*).

I like Alicia too, but she seems to try to hard to get messages across in a facial expression. Not many actors can do that... she's not one of them.

Also I didn't like the whole trip to the Chiropractor, itís really not a sexual experience people :rolleyes
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I watched. Again. What can I say, I'm a sucker for Alicia.

But I can see why it's on the verge of being cancelled. It's okay, definitely not great.

i hope it doesn't get cancelled. i really enjoy it. and i'm a sucker for alicia, too. i just think she's really likable as her character.

stuck in Reality Land addicted2rltytv's Avatar
    Can anyone do a quick rundown of the show please? I, too, didn't realize the show was showing at 9pm instead of 8. I got Queer Eye on tape instead. My TV Guide didn't show this change. So, I missed the show and would love a recap, if anyone can post it...THANK YOU!

Alicia goes to a chiropractor who adjusts her and then asks her out. Alicia sets up some high-maintenance bimbo with her destined guy, the architect. They double-date. Meanwhile, a couple is getting divorced because the hubby slept with the "hot nanny". One of the lawyers sleeps with "hot nanny", and finds out the wife paid her $50k to sleep with her hubby. Court case dismissed, double-date goes weirdly, and Alicia begins to realize that she belongs with Michael, the architect dude.

Many lopsided smiles ensue.

I've been a huge fan of Alicia since back in her music video days. However, I can't seem to get into this show. I'll start watching, feel my attention waning, try to get back into it, and feel myself drifting off again. There just doesn't seem to be enough to grab my attention and keep me with the show. I'm hoping it gets better because, like I said, I really like Alicia. I think the ignorant media ruined her movie career when they tried to make everyone think she was fat, when she was just normal.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I watched this show (surfed to the channel by accident), but I don't know if I will tune in again. Concept should be interesting enough, she is good enough, but something was missing, perhaps no chemistry between actors/actresses was the problem?
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast