+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less Than Perfect

Less Than Perfect

I caught this last night on ABC, at 9:30ET. It's a new comedy, and it's not terrible, especially compared to come other new comedies this season.

Anyone catch it yet? It's about this lady (who I don't know) who works as the assistant to Eric Roberts.

The lady who is Robert's partner on Everybody Loves Raymond is in it, too.

Wow, I'm just a font of knowledge this morning, halfway through my first cup of coffee. I'll find some info on it, promise.

there was this girl that used to be on this show with as this guys assistant... do you know what i'm talking about!?

i'm SO like this!

it conflicts with smallville so i don't watch. the star of the show, last name claude, used to be on wb's "popular." she was the "fat" girl that wanted to be popular and a cheerleader, etc. imo on popular, she was the most likeable character. she's a standout.

I watched it last night, more by accident than design.
    It wasn't too bad at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've not caught a complete episode yet, but I've seen bits and pieces of a couple of them...it doesn't look too bad at all (though I'm not really an Andy Dick fan, and he's on the show)...

From the ABC website...

Sara Rue (Popular) stars as Claudia "Claude" Casey, a temp who has worked at the GBN Television Network for two years before she unexpectedly lands a job on the coveted desk of handsome news anchor Will Butler, played by Eric Roberts.

After Will hires her full-time, Claude quickly realizes she may be in over her head in this new world of assistants fighting to get ahead. Her co-workers on the 22nd floor seem less interested in her brownies and cheery attitude than in getting rid of her. Kipp (Zachary Levi) and Lydia (Andrea Parker) are certain that Claude is a minor inconvenience who will easily fold, but while she may look like a pushover, they'll learn not to push her. With the help of her old friends from the fourth floor, Ramona (Sherri Shepherd) and Owen (Andy Dick), Claude is determined to prove that she may not be perfect, but she's also not going down without a fight.

In this series, writer Terri Minsky (Sex and the City) draws upon her own experiences as a young woman working in a newsroom. We'll follow Claude on her journey as she battles her own insecurities in a size-2 world while refusing to compromise her values.

OK, I had only seen bits and pieces of this show until last night, when I was able to watch an episode in its entirety. I really enjoyed and was glad to hear that ABC has already ordered a full season's worth of episodes...It makes a nice companion to "Life With Bonnie", another show that I got to watch in its entirety for the first time last night. I recommend both.

okay, i taped perfect last night, but haven't watched. lobeck, you just gave me incentive to do so.

i'm reading books you suggest...
    watching your tv programs...

you do realize that i'm secretly in love with you, right?

Well, I won't tell Joey, Sher...it'll just be our little secret...

Ugh, I missed it this week. Darn it, forgot what night it was on, I guess.

That's a shame John.

I like this show a lot.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast