+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Practice

Princess
    Hard to watch for an old atheist like me though.
    Why? The couple got convicted for murder, and Lara Flynn Boyle held a pretty good closing argument (did you notice the dramatic music and the close-up as she delivered the best parts? ).
    Agreed though that it was a bit "bothersome" to watch...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The thing that bothers me about this show is it rarely works out the way I think it should.

For instance, all the true murderers/rapists/etc usually get off, and the people that shouldn't be convicted or should get lighter sentences are convicted or get more than they should. It's making it hard to continue to watch this show.

Also -- hate the way they portray the D.A.'s -- those are the selfless people who work for peanuts in comparison to defense lawyers. Troubling....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

For instance, all the true murderers/rapists/etc usually get off, and the people that shouldn't be convicted or should get lighter sentences are convicted or get more than they should.
    Last night's episode was another example of criminals getting off due to technicalities. Can't recall his name, but the chief prosecutor is going off to the deep end. He's got so much rage built up that it's causing him to mess up the cases. Poor Helen (Lara Flynn Boyle) has to put up with him. Not only that, she had to testify against him, and now it's her fault the guy got away just because she did what she needed to do. How would you like to have a boss like that?

Shoot, I'm not sure how I missed last night -- unless it was a rerun. The Tivo is set up to tape only new eps, but I don't see it on my menu
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Princess
    Rerun....
    And it really sucks when they get off on a technicality!

Interesting, it wasn't a rerun here
    "That's Numberwang!"

Damn! I wonder why the Tivo didn't tape it!!

Princess
    My TV guide said that it was going to be a new ep, but I watched the same ep. as Wolf, and it was a rerun b/c I had seen it before (and Lindsay was still part of the firm)... so maybe your Tivo made OK BF? :crank

Hmm...Come to think of it. It might've been a repeat, because Lindsey was handling criminal cases. And on the last episode, after being freed from jail, she said she wasn't ready to handle criminal cases yet.

The episode they showed here had Lindsey defending her first client for her new law firm.
    Eugene and Eleanor were handling a case involving a clinic that did stem cell research.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast