+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 155
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Roseanne - The Reboot

  1. #31
    c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Where the heck am I?
    Posts
    144

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    I always loved Roseanne...one of my favorite sit coms and was looking forward to this. I watched 10 minutes and turned it off....did the same thing with Will and Grace. I get enough politics in the news...don't want it on my funnies. I may watch is later.....but I doubt it.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    As I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed the show. I found the political jabs to be equal...and worth a lot of laughs. Its interesting to me that the media is spinning the show as mostly pro republican and that the majority of the viewers lean in that political direction. I didn't come away with that impression at all.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,288

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed the show. I found the political jabs to be equal...and worth a lot of laughs. Its interesting to me that the media is spinning the show as mostly pro republican and that the majority of the viewers lean in that political direction. I didn't come away with that impression at all.
    Neither did I. I mean for goodness sake they have a grandson that polishes his nails and wears dresses! And they keep saying Darlene is gay and have no problem with it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #34
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,541

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Neither did I. I mean for goodness sake they have a grandson that polishes his nails and wears dresses! And they keep saying Darlene is gay and have no problem with it.
    I watched it again last night, because my husband hadn't seen it. We both LOL, even though I knew what was coming. I'm not a sit com fan, or a fan of reboots,but this really is clever, as well as funny..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #35
    c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Where the heck am I?
    Posts
    144

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Your comments make me think I should give it another chance.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

  6. #36
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,541

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Phart Blossom View Post
    Your comments make me think I should give it another chance.
    Honestly political digs are from both sides, and they are really( honestly) not the Conners..its very layered and fun. Trust me....lol!,
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #37
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    137

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Phart Blossom View Post
    I always loved Roseanne...one of my favorite sit coms and was looking forward to this. I watched 10 minutes and turned it off....did the same thing with Will and Grace. I get enough politics in the news...don't want it on my funnies. I may watch is later.....but I doubt it.
    I couldn't watch the new Will and Grace episodes either because of the politics but I do get the old re-runs and they still crack me up. I did watch Roseann and it was funny.

  8. #38
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    (OT): The thing will Will & Grace was that they put ALL the politics into the first episode, to get it out of the way. But it was so goofy that they played it all for comedy even then -- they all end up visiting the White House itself for a ridiculous set of reasons.

    That may have turned some people off from watching the rest of the episodes, but they have mostly all been like the classic shows.

    (End OT)
    momrek06 and norealityhere like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    12,319

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    I loved the old ROSANNE and I loved the old WILL & GRACE.

    But once I saw all that politics in the first epi of W&G......blah

    Like you said MFW, it was a turn off for me after that.

    So I am passing on Rosanne.

    Ugh.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

  10. #40
    American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Age
    71
    Posts
    28,277

    Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

    Don't pass on Roseanne because she/her character voted for Trump. There is SO MUCH MORE to the show. Jackie as a newly styled life coach mimicing everything the "Becky not Becky" said about surrogacy and throwing her pink cat hat and sweatshirt in her sister, Roseanne's face was so funny. I don't know where the next seven episodes are going, but I hope they utilize the same layering of character and plot over the remainder of the short season.

    I'm looking forward to the next episode. Oh, did I say old Becky sees surrogacy as a way to make money for a car and a down payment on a house? Well played.
    tinderbox and Fanny Mare like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.