+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Roseanne - The Reboot

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

Jerry is working on a fishing boat that "doesn't have a telephone " lol
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-28-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

I read this article w/ slideshow before watching last night and I found it to be very helpful.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...e-End-44511878
    AcookerTV likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I thought the opening scene where Dan and Roseanne were sorting their "candy" was kinda ironic. Dan said he got half the meds for twice the price...Well they have Trump to thank for that. Other than the Trump love, I liked the show. I think they still have great chemistry. I didn't realize the actor that played Mark was really dead. That's tragic. I heard it got really good ratings, so I hope it continues to do well.

I know I'm just dreaming here, but I would like to see some of the bigger name Roseanne alumni make a guest appearance. I'd like to see Jackie's ex Booker (George Clooney), Becky's ex Jimmy Meltrigger (Stephen Dorff) and DJ's friend George (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) return, .....even if only for a moment.

Harleyswife: The actor who played Mark died of a heroin overdose several years ago.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I loved it. But I am a huge Roseanne fan. I saw every episode when it was on the air. Even the last season! And I own all the DVDs and sometimes binge watch to get my fix. So watching last night was like coming home. Yeah, there were bits that were a clunky, but I think they will only get better. Jackie was very, very good. When Becky #2 was talking about some birth plan specifics and Jackie was saying everything she said, right after she said it, I died. And the dynamic between Darlene and Becky #1 is still there, so I hope they get some fighting screen time in future episodes. I hope the show is so successful they do more than 9 episodes. I'm greedy!!

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I left the series while they owned the sloppy joe diner as I grew tired of their schtick, but I found myself laughing out loud in a few places. Some of it felt over the top - mostly Roseanne - but to see Jackie disintegrate after calling her out for being a manipulator and thereby proving her point. Roseanne shook her up so much that when she entered the voting booth she voted for Jill Stein. That cracked me up as she was wearing all the paraphernalia associated with Hilary.

I'll be watching from my DVR recording as CBS has my 3-hour block loyalty on Tuesday nights.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wish I could watch, but I don't have live TV, and I just dropped Hulu's live service, which wasn't worth the money.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I know I'm just dreaming here, but I would like to see some of the bigger name Roseanne alumni make a guest appearance. I'd like to see Jackie's ex Booker (George Clooney), Becky's ex Jimmy Meltrigger (Stephen Dorff) and DJ's friend George (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) return, .....even if only for a moment.

Harleyswife: The actor who played Mark died of a heroin overdose several years ago.
    Glenn Quinn died in 2002, so a lot more than several years ago. Seems like just yesterday though. His last big role was in the first season of Angel and he'd been written out, reportedly because of his addiction issues and the trouble it caused during filming. They gave his character a lovely hero's death, which shows how much they cared about him. I think he was very well liked, but it was too difficult having him on set, according to the rumors.

I didn't watch the new series and probably won't. I liked the original show, but I've grown to find Roseanne herself just too grating. I like the rest of the cast, but I just can't stomach her any more. As with (sorry) Will and Grace and other reboots (Gilmore Girls, I'm looking at you) some things are best left alone.
    Miss_Griss, Gutmutter and tapper01 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Couldn’t agree more with that last paragraph.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

With Roseanne, Will & Grace and any other show, their first job is to be funny. If it makes me laugh, I can deal with the other stuff in its own good time. Will & Grace still makes me laugh so I'm happy to watch it -- and for all the Trump-bashing the two leads do, Karen is the rich 1%er who rubs it in their faces every chance she gets. It's balanced. And part of the whole comedy of W&G is how shallow these people are -- they aren't heroes but comic foils with occasionally good hearts, when they get their heads out of their asses.

As for Roseanne, a lot of it made me laugh but I wonder if it will have the goods to remain funny for more than a season. If they keep things real, maybe they will. Roseanne (the character) is a Trump supporter but even she admitted in the premiere that she voted for him because of what Fox News told her. And Jackie's bit about chickening out and voting for Jill Stein at the last minute was right on the money, and many people could relate to that. All because of what they were told during the campaigns (and we're still trying to find out how much of it was true or not). There's a note of truth to the political arguments that everyone can grab a piece of. So the show doesn't "belong" to one side or the other.

That's what made All In The Family great -- there were political shouting matches almost every week, but both sides were shown to be sometimes wise and sometime ridiculous. The point is to see both sides in ourselves -- it's not about either extreme side winning, it's about finding common ground and believing in each other again.

It was fascinating (and funny) watching Archie Bunker have to adapt in real time to Nixon's downfall and the administrations that came after -- we may watch Roseanne and the Connors go through the same thing now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread