+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Roseanne - The Reboot

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Roseanne - The Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I loved it - this is the way politics should be handled in a sitcom (make note Will & Grace)- funny jibes on both sides. They still have great chemistry & Laurie Metcalf is just so freaking funny! Will be watching again next week!
    Absolutely..when Laurie showed up in her pink hat..LOL> OMG..
    combatcutie, karna68 and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rosanne Barr, an avid Trump supporter, has stated in multiple interviews that Rosanne Connor will be as well, but that some of the other familt members won't....especially Jackie. If Rosanne can keep her ego out of controlling everything and having Rosanne always getting the best of the non-Trump supporters, the show might be good. Last night's episode gave equal time to both sides of the political arena.

I liked everything else about the show. I'm sure the death of the actor who played Mark had something to do with Darlene's son's name. It will be interesting to see how "David" makes his guest appearance. I love how they recreated the Connor household. I lol'd when I saw that chicken sweatshirt. This show was before my time but I've seen all the reruns so many times i can quote the dialog. The casting of Darlenes daughter is perfect.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I missed any reference to their fourth child. What’s the story there?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I missed any reference to their fourth child. What’s the story there?
    That's fuzzy for me as well. Didn't Roseanne have another baby or something?
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...nne_characters
    I had to go to this link for help.
    karna68 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So they dropped her 4th child? Wasn't he Jerry?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

When Roseanne said grace at the dinner table and mentioned people who weren't there, she mentioned "Jerry" who is also overseas -- sounded like he was in the military too but I wasn't 100% sure.

I missed half of the second episode -- did they ever mention Jackie's son Andy? Does he show up? I don't remember hearing about him.

I agree with the casting of Darlene's daughter being perfect -- that actress has been kicking butt as Debbie Galllagher on Shameless on Showtime for 8 years.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I liked it much more than I thought.. it was always a good representation of much of America in my mind, it hasn't changed.

It was MUCH like my family and their Trump/Not Trump fights (I still have to hang up on my mom when she spouts her Trump love). It wasn't as bad as Will and Grace, they were much more over the top and in your face..but they have always been with political issues.. however I think that the shtick has worn old in their case. The fight between Roseanne and Jackie was rather believable and I think I have had it with my family as well, one of which i don't talk to anymore because she has been insane with her Trump thumping. That all being said, I don't wanna see a ton of it every episode.

There was no mention of Andy but Jerry was included in the blessing.. stated he was on a fishing boat that he can't get (make) phone calls... or something like that, not military. As for DJ and his lack of job.. it was stated that he just got out of the service like 3 months ago. It it not uncommon for returning military people to have issues with finding employment.. I had no issues with that. It made perfect sense that one of their children WOULD go in to the service to try and better their situation and have it be the same upon return.

I read that David will be in one episode, Johnny will be playing the part.

IMO as far as Laurie returning to this part even though she is a award winning/nominated actress.. her Emmy wins were for Rosanne, why not come back?? She could have said no. Given her wonderful showing in Lady Bird, I doubt she was simply reduced to taking this part again. I am sure it was all her choice. Frankly, no one else on earth could play Jackie.

I know that they brought Dan back, and that was a bit of reality that we had to suspend.. but Harris was born in the 9th season, and shes STILL in high school?! She would be 20 going on 21 by now. (1997)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-28-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I don't think Andy was mentioned.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

FORT Fogey

They are relying on a suspension of reality in a few areas in order to give the show better stories to tell ... Dan no longer being dead, and the gap in Harris' age being the key two. They did make adequate reference to Dan no longer being dead - both in the joke at the beginning about "Everyone things I'm dead anyway" and when he and Roseanne found her old manuscript in the garage. I give them a pass on those because the show wouldn't be the same without John Goodman, and having the parallels of Darlene experiencing the things with a teenage daughter that Roseanne dealt with with her make for better stories than if they'd stayed locked into those story details.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread