+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Crossing (ABC Tues 10 PM) premiers 4/2/18

Re: The Crossing (ABC Tues 10 PM) premiers 4/2/18

I agree, I was intrigued at first. But they've pretty much lost me. (And it was the Lost link that drew me to it, so that's ironic.)

So one of the people who has traveled through time has had the the Homeland Security agent track down his lost wife who is now living in this very nice house. This wife makes up a cockamamie story and offers to go to back into a bedroom and get some papers to supposedly back up her story. Meanwhile the Homeland Security agent is looking at pictures on the wall, notices her big boss in charge is in the picture with "this wife" ( the agent realizes something is wrong), but before she can say anything, the "wife" shoots her. We see the agent lying in a pool of blood.
    Ostensibly, the "wife" is one of those people who traveled back earlier and is now bad.

Kudos to the little boy who plays the son of the sheriff. He did an excellent job of pulling off acting completely innocent throughout that entire kidnap episode and believing that Leah's mother on the run was only the sheriff's girlfriend.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

The thing is...one of the main characters is now mortally wounded and the viewer can assume dead. The alpha male will need to truly be in charge of the camp and I really hope the doctor and the Apex Agent can put together an antidote or vaccine so the "disease" doesn't happen in the future or "normal" humans.

It now has legs, but too many questions.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The thing is...one of the main characters is now mortally wounded and the viewer can assume dead. The alpha male will need to truly be in charge of the camp and I really hope the doctor and the Apex Agent can put together an antidote or vaccine so the "disease" doesn't happen in the future or "normal" humans.

It now has legs, but too many questions.
    Apex lady has "the blood" fix the child needs. Leah (sp?) indicated, I think, this has happened before, and "her mother" was able to save her with the mother's blood. Now, to me, the question is how do they pull all of this off? How do they get Ampex mother into the camp without a ruckus - or is she going to give a blood sample somehow to the doctor to take back in which case how do they get the doctor back into the camp?

And....Ampex lady STILL wants her daughter, Leah, and there is going to be a ruckus until she gets her!!

Next......cute guy who was in the locket Hannah had. She found him at the festival, and now he is looking for her. Who is he, and what is going on with that, too? He doesn't know who he is in relation to the locket - only that he is drawn to Hannah....and now NOT to his girlfriend!!!

I like this show, so far.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

I'm still confused.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm still confused.
    I've still got unanswered questions, and so do some others, but maybe we can help each other. What is confusing you?
    Punkin likes this.

~ Author unknown

Well, these 'super-people' the time travelers were fleeing, were they some kind of aliens or regular humans who've gotten super powers? And those who came earlier and seemingly assimilated, were they the 'super-people' or another group of regular humans fleeing them? Or maybe this hasn't been fully revealed as yet? Or maybe I'm not paying close enough attention?
    Lynda

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

The Apex people were engineered by future generations to be soldiers and superior to "normal" people. That is what the normal people are fleeing as Apex is out to commit genocide against them. At least one Apex slipped through, but she adopted a normal child. Also the normals can catch a virus engineered to decimate them, which is also part of the Apex war against them. The daughter has an expression of the virus that would start the epidemic in this time rather than the future. Her Apex mother has been able to suppress the virus in her before and needs to do so again. We'll see.

As far as those who traveled earlier, at first I thought they were all Apex, now I don't think so...I think the woman is the only Apex who slipped through and the earlier travelers may be trying to steer the world in such a way that a future generation doesn't create the Apex gene. I think - for now.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Well, these 'super-people' the time travelers were fleeing, were they some kind of aliens or regular humans who've gotten super powers? And those who came earlier and seemingly assimilated, were they the 'super-people' or another group of regular humans fleeing them? Or maybe this hasn't been fully revealed as yet? Or maybe I'm not paying close enough attention?
    They said in the premiere episode that in the future doctors had eliminated most or all diseases (they didn't say how - I suspect some kind of gene manipulation) and after that APEX humans started being born to regular humans. APEX humans are a direct result of the cure.

APEX humans have superior strength, brains, and heighten senses and of course plenty of human hubris and arrogance and consider themselves the next step in evolution so of course they took over and decided to completely eliminate the base human race.

To escape genocide an earlier wave of regular humans had escaped into the past to hopefully set up the circumstances so APEX humans will not be created.

The folks from the future that we saw in the premiere episode are just regular future humans trying to escape from APEX and genocide. Unfortunately, they just happened to fall into the hands of some First Wavers who happen to have positions of power in Homeland Security.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-28-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Thanks, Arielflies and Bearcata!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast