+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Good Girls (NBC) Monday Nights 10:p.m.

Re: Good Girls (NBC) Monday Nights 10:p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I actually don't like the actress playing Mary Pat and maybe that's why I REALLY don't like the character. Hoping she gets a little visit from Rio next week! Maybe he can go see scummy Boomer after that!
    YES!

Rio would have been a good character in Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Rio would have been a good character in Breaking Bad.
    Totally He would have fit in perfectly with Tuco's crew. I actually went to check BB's imdb to make sure he didn't appear on the show. He definitely could have.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

When I watched the first episode, I was surprised it wasn't a full on comedy (what I expected after seeing previews.) But I'm loving it so much more for the drama that it's turning out to be.

The three leading ladies are fantastic....all three are so good on their own and together as a group.

Can't stand Mary Pat. Agreed that hopefully Rio will pay her a visit. He can stop by and see Boomer too, while he's at it.

Love the chemistry/relationship between Rio and Beth....she's tough enough to stand up to him ("I thought we were passed this" and "don't ever point that gun at me again.") Love love love.
    beerbelly likes this.

After Mad Men ended, I worried that Christina Hendricks would never get another character like Joan that could really show off her talents. I really didn't think this show would be as good as it is - the previews made it seem very one-note - but I'm so glad it's turned out to be a great part for CH AND that it's developed into a much better show than it seemed it would be at the beginning. I mean, it looked like a fun show, but definitely not anything that could sustain good characters and stories over a season or multiple seasons.

As much as I want Dean to be revealed as a big fat cancer-free liar, I love Matthew Lillard and want him to stay on the show. He plays those characters so well. Dean's moral flexibility sort of makes him the perfect husband for Beth. A guy who was morally upright might put his foot down, but spineless Dean is like, "Okay."

What's up with Stan spending all that money after Ruby told him not to? I mean, I guess she was very much "this is our money," but still. I can't imagine ever doing that with money my spouse brought home...at least not without a discussion.

I wonder if that sexual tension between Rio and Beth will ever go anywhere....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Christina has such a beautiful figure - more prominently displayed on Mad Men. (and I am 100% heterosexual female )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12