+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Resident

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Resident

I am liking it better. I hated the first episode. It was a little too bad "ER" knock-offish, but it has grown on me. I am a little curious as to where they are going with Bruce Greenwood's character. To have him butchering patients and his career on the downhill spiral so early in the show is just odd unless they only intended to keep him one season.

FORT Fanatic

This last episode was intense. So sad about Lilly. I'm wondering if Melina K's "success stories" of a handful of cures of incurable cancers, are fake. Whatever she's hiding, it must be big. She's excellent at playing this character. I'm really enjoying this show and the entire cast.
    Punkin, tinderbox and Cornholio like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Very good episode. I thought this was the finale, then I read there are more episodes in three weeks...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    This last episode was intense. So sad about Lilly. I'm wondering if Melina K's "success stories" of a handful of cures of incurable cancers, are fake. Whatever she's hiding, it must be big. She's excellent at playing this character. I'm really enjoying this show and the entire cast.
    Or they may be turning her into a Dr. Kevorkian type. Hard to tell for certain since her character is so ambiguous.

I think she's in it for the money, hell most of that hospital is!
    tinderbox and Coco46 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

So sad for Lily. Got teary eyed.

Feel sorry for nurse practitioner, Nic. Talk about a set up!

Loved the dogs!

Can't get over what a great job Melena K is doing at being a murderous shrew. Yep... She's in it for money and fame.
    Coco46 and Fanny Mare like this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Or they may be turning her into a Dr. Kevorkian type. Hard to tell for certain since her character is so ambiguous.
    I donít think she is a Dr Kevorkian type. She didnít mess with Lilyís medication in order to ease her passing or because she held a belief in the right to die for patients (and, indeed, Lily expressed that she did not want to die). She is a self-interested jerk. She and the surgeon should pair up and make the worst couple ever.

Nic should have known better than to follow that order, or at least to double-check with Conrad. And the dr didnít seem to write it down so now she can say that she never told Nic to do that. She said, she said.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    So sad for Lily. Got teary eyed.

Feel sorry for nurse practitioner, Nic. Talk about a set up!

Loved the dogs!

Can't get over what a great job Melena K is doing at being a murderous shrew. Yep... She's in it for money and fame.
    I loved the dogs, what were they( apart from adorable) it's funny how a dog can make a sick person forget they are sick..
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don’t think she is a Dr Kevorkian type. She didn’t mess with Lily’s medication in order to ease her passing or because she held a belief in the right to die for patients (and, indeed, Lily expressed that she did not want to die). She is a self-interested jerk. She and the surgeon should pair up and make the worst couple ever.

Nic should have known better than to follow that order, or at least to double-check with Conrad. And the dr didn’t seem to write it down so now she can say that she never told Nic to do that. She said, she said.
    More likely her character upped the dosage to fatal levels and will say Nic administered it incorrectly otherwise she wouldn't have needed to slip back in after she left. IIRC there were allegations that Dr. K basically forced people to continue with his death procedure when they were trying to chicken out at the last minute so to speak. Anyway, Nic "killing" her would legally be a superceding intervening act which would get her off the hook for death by too much chemo. I just think that if they are going to have a character they intend to keep around awhile, they can always turn her from a villain into something else since he character development has been rather nebulous this far
    CCL likes this.

Used to do pet therapy and bring puppies and kittens from the Human Society to nursing homes mainly. The look of happiness on these residents was unbelievable and it did me a world of good too. Yes, I enjoyed this episode with the puppies too.

Have always liked Melina K as an actress and boy is she delivery a hateful character in this show. To make me dislike her here demonstrates what a good actress she is. She is CHA when she killed Lily. The doctor killed two birds with one stone so to speak, as she was afraid the new oncologist would find out that the chemo delivered was too high powered (obviously to make more money) and she could frame Nic and get rid of her. Was very suspicious when she asked the PA to come back into the fold. Orders like that should have been in writing and Nic should have followed her gut feeling and ask Conrad. However, we would not have had such a juicy story line!
    Cornholio and Fanny Mare like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast