+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Young Sheldon

Young Sheldon

I have been really enjoying this show! I was skeptical about it before it aired, but the cast is phenomenal! I am especially impressed with Sheldon's (young) mom, (Zoe Perry). She's a brilliant actress, and totally has Laurie Metcalf's mannerisms and accent down! (BTW, I just read that Zoe is actually Laurie's daughter in real life... interesting)

Also, the young actor playing young Sheldon, (Iain Armitage) is really good. He's adorable, and believable as Sheldon Cooper.

The icing on the cake is the narration by Jim Parsons. If you love Big Bang Theory, it's worth your while to check this show out!
    PWS and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Re: Young Sheldon

I am surprised that there was no thread for this...I too have enjoyed the show.
    NoReally likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Shockingly, I've been enjoying it too. The little boy that plays Sheldon is amazing and so good at it. And I love the actress as young Mary Cooper
    PWS, Imperfect1 and NoReally like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

As I posted over in the cancelled thread...in case you didin't see it, the show has been picked up for season 2
    Coco46, NoReally and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't particularly care for this show at first, but it's grown on me. All the child actors are very good, as are the parents. It's fun to see Annie Potts as Meemaw! I don't recall whether last night's appearance of Billy Gardell as Sheldon's friend's father was the first one, but that was a nice surprise. It all sort of adds more depth to grownup Sheldon on TBBT, too.
    Cootie, Imperfect1 and NoReally like this.

The last episode that aired was hilarious! I loved Sheldon's conclusion of his religion research to start his own "math" religion... LOL!
    PWS, Cootie, tapper01 and 3 others like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm looking forward to seeing Sheldon's family at the wedding, with all this backstory. I know Meemaw and his dad are dead, but am trying to recall if we ever "met" his brother and twin sister on TBBT. Anyone? I only recall his mom being on TBBT.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Sheldon's family at the wedding, with all this backstory. I know Meemaw and his dad are dead, but am trying to recall if we ever "met" his brother and twin sister on TBBT. Anyone? I only recall his mom being on TBBT.
    I vaguely recall his twin sister on an episode but not his brother. If I recall, she was hot and all the guys were gaga over her.
    Last edited by grapenuts; 01-16-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    Dinahann likes this.

Yes and she was exactly the same toward Sheldon as she is on the new show. Eye rolls all around.
    We have not met the brother. When did Meemaw die? She was on the show to meet Amy and let the cat out of the bag about the ring (and wasn’t very nice to Amy).
    NoReally and Phart Blossom like this.
    Count your blessings!

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I remember the episode when Sheldon's sister came to visit...and yeah the MeeMaw wasn't at all nice, lol. If you are a BBT enthusiast, Young Sheldon just makes so much sense.

I love this show...has made me tear up more then once.
    NoReally likes this.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast