+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: 9-1-1

FORT Fogey

Re: 9-1-1

This show is so well done, and communicates so clearly. I couldnít believe that guy was proposing to a woman who didnít know he wasnít doing his own cooking! How about Athenaís husband bringing his new SO to the hospital? So incredibly awkward, but it makes a certain amount of sense. Looking forward to what Athena has in store for those bullies at school.
    Dinahann likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Still watching , I want some more back story on Peter's character. His face has no emotion like is mad all the time, was surprised he was right on with the guys girlfriend.

That bar through the head was gruesome though.

Well that episode explained why Bobby is so closed off.

I did NOT want Buck and Abby to meet like that, I preferred the phone buddy thing. Now it's just weird.
    JavaJo likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Having been a dispatcher for 24 years, not sure I want to watch or not. Lots of shows like this are not realistic and totally turn me off because of it. I realize it has to have certain things for tv, but I'm skeptical.
    "You're gonna tip that boat over and wet my weave!" To Rome For Love on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Well that episode explained why Bobby is so closed off.

I did NOT want Buck and Abby to meet like that, I preferred the phone buddy thing. Now it's just weird.
    I don't mind Buck and Abby meeting because they did it in a cool way. It wasn't a date or something. I liked the phone buddy relationship too, but we knew it couldn't continue like that indefinitely. There's definitely chemistry between the two actors, so although I don't think a romantic relationship could work long term with them, the chemistry is definitely there. Normally, it would feel odd to have a twentysomething man into a woman old enough (sorry, Connie Britton!) to be his mother, but this isn't any woman. She's pretty great looking, even in overalls and glasses (UGH - why the overalls, Abby?).

I was happy that we finally learned a bit of Bobby's backstory, as difficult as it was to watch.

I think the show is doing a nice job of giving viewers both the 911 calls AND the personal lives of the characters.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

I like both Buck and Abby as characters on the show, but I just canít see them together. She seems too old for him....he seems very young. Enjoying the show overall though. Such a sad backstory for Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    Having been a dispatcher for 24 years, not sure I want to watch or not. Lots of shows like this are not realistic and totally turn me off because of it. I realize it has to have certain things for tv, but I'm skeptical.
    I have a friend who is a dispatcher and she loves it. She thinks it is very realistic from that point of view.
    agamergirl likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

We are loving this show. Of course, I have to hear my husband's running commentary critiquing how calls are handled. He gets really ticked off because of the heavy focus on firefighters/EMS when in our town police would be first on the scene and directing. We only see Angela Bassett from the cop side, would like to see more of them. But then I guess we only see Abby from the dispatch group too. The funny thing is I watched episode 2 on my own because I was under the impression that my husband didn't like it (from all the commentary). Then... he couldn't believe I watched without him because he wants to watch too!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    We are loving this show. Of course, I have to hear my husband's running commentary critiquing how calls are handled. He gets really ticked off because of the heavy focus on firefighters/EMS when in our town police would be first on the scene and directing. We only see Angela Bassett from the cop side, would like to see more of them. But then I guess we only see Abby from the dispatch group too. The funny thing is I watched episode 2 on my own because I was under the impression that my husband didn't like it (from all the commentary). Then... he couldn't believe I watched without him because he wants to watch too!
    I watched it, and my husband said the same thing, so we watched it again on demand..
    Now I'm into the Intern as well....
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I have a friend who is a dispatcher and she loves it. She thinks it is very realistic from that point of view.
    Okay, I lied. I could have sworn she said it was realistic. She said they make an effort to make the dispatch angle realistic, which she appreciates.
    agamergirl likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast