+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gifted - FOX

Re: The Gifted - FOX

Season 1 Episode 10 - "eXploited" - December 11, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gifted_(TV_series)

Polaris wants to immediately attack Sentinel Services, but Reed and Caitlin argue for a diplomatic solution that will not endanger their children, potentially reaching out to some of Reed's old contacts about Trask and the Hound program. Esme talks to Reed and Caitlin in secret, and suggests that they go to Turner and hope that his better nature prevails. When Esme tells the other mutants what the couple intend to do, they prepare to attack. At Trask Industries, a heavily scarred Campbell forces Andy and Lauren to demonstrate their combined powers by killing Dreamer, and they are able to dent an apparently "indestructible" adamantium wall. After he is confronted by the Struckers, Turner plans to arrest them, but is convinced by his wife to do the right thing. Turner goes to Trask to transfer the mutants back to Sentinel Services. The mutants use this opportunity to attack, but they are betrayed by Esme. She makes the guards kill each other and themselves, and releases her two identical sisters, who have the same telepathic abilities as she does.

Knew Esme was doing something shady.

Kinda glad Turner's wife found out something about what was happening too bad Esme made sure it all went south.

Episode does get the Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest award. Especially when Trask Industries miraculously developed a drug so they can pair mutants powers together to make them stronger based on Andy and Lauren's biometrics just like that.
    No goat killers on my island.

Episode 11 aired January 1 and episodes 12 & 13 will air January 15, 2018. That will end the run of season 1.

The show has just been given a go for Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The show has just been given a go for Season 2.
    THUD! That is my jaw hitting the ground.

Season 1 Episode 11 - "3 X 1" - January 1, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gifted_(season_1)

The Frost sisters approach the underground for help in stopping the Hound program, though they are doing so to support their own agenda of rebuilding the Hellfire Club. The underground members refuse, while Reed and Caitlin decide to take their family to Mexico. They stop at another refugee base on the way, where they reunite with Wes. One of the sisters visits Andy, asking him to reconsider leaving. Another visits Polaris, and uses knowledge of her mysterious birth father—who once led the Hellfire Club—and her unborn baby to try manipulate her into assisting them. Turner and Campbell launch an attack on the Struckers' location, using Hounds who can combine their abilities with technology developed from Lauren and Andy to start destroying the building and arrest mutants. Polaris, Clarice, Eclipse, and Thunderbird arrive to rescue them, but only the intervention of the sisters allows them to successfully escape. The underground formally partners with the Hellfire Club, unaware that the sisters had given SS the location of the base.

I hate stupid characters, motivations, and story lines. Andy is an idiot. He just got his powers at this point several weeks ago, does not know how to fully use or control them. Yeah, he has generate power blasts but so what. He does not know how to fight. He does not know how to plan. He does not have resources or intel and yet he wants to fight. Go ahead kid get yourself killed.

Then you have a hive mind telepath doing what she does best manipulating and who cares if folks get killed along the way at least she is equal opportunity with humans and mutants.

Now you have Purifiers ... does know one learn any history any more? Spanish Inqusition, Salem Witch Trials sound familiar. Considering this country was based on immigrants and religious freedom it is amazing how no one wants it for any group but their own.

Season 1 Episode 12 - "eXtraction" - January 15, 2018

Polaris, Eclipse, Thunderbird, and Clarice join the Frost sisters at a safe house where Esme explains that when the X-Men established the underground before their disappearance, their rival group the Brotherhood established the new Hellfire Club before their own disappearance. Campbell meets with the anti-mutant Senator Montez at the Humanity Today conference, where he talks about his advancements in the fight to eradicate the X-gene; Montez agrees to give political support to expanding the Hound program for use across the country. Meanwhile, SS agents search for more information on Otto's research. Learning that they are going after Ellen, the Struckers go to her office and persuade her to go into hiding. Andy and Lauren disagree on how much force to use when holding off arriving SS agents. Ellen gives them the name of Otto's research partner, Madeline Risman, before departing. The underground mutants infiltrate the conference with the Frost sisters to abduct Campbell, but flee when he uses children as human shields and SS forces arrive.
    So Senator Montez is talking about what killing all mutants and people with the X - gene. I love how that equates to folks being no longer human. The sheer stupidity of that concept kills me.

Oh, the other stupid ... Andy yeah still there. Is it as obvious to everyone as it is to me that the Frost Sisters probably planted a seed of something in his brain just like they did Lorna/Polaris.

Season 1 Episode 13 - "X-roads" - January 15, 2018

Four years earlier, Polaris had been approached at a mental hospital by an attorney named Evangeline, who recruited her for the underground on the behalf of the X-Men. Now, Campbell and Montez set to fly to Washington. The Frost sisters convince Polaris to embrace her heritage and stop them. Turner tracks the Struckers with a new pair of Hounds to the underground's headquarters, and lays siege to it. Reed leads a defense of the building with the few remaining fighters, while Caitlin oversees and evacuation through an escape tunnel. When the Hounds break into the building, Andy and Lauren remain behind to let the last of the underground escape. They combine their abilities, disintegrating the entire building and the Hounds inside it. Polaris destroys the plane that Campbell and Montez are in. Turner quits when his superiors attempt to set him up as a scapegoat. The underground regroups in Nashville, Tennessee, where Polaris and the Frosts arrive seeking recruits for the Hellfire Club. Several choose to join them, including Andy.
    The conflict I have always seen is that they are trying to have an organization in this case the Mutant Underground be two things, an underground railway for mutants fleeing prosecution and attempting to find a safe place, although all the same people making a home at their home base seemed off and a Mutant Resistance organization. Be one or the other not both. There are too many conflicts, people without a military/combat background called upon to do that. There is also the issue that how long will a mutants powers last, are they like a rechargeable battery that after one or two blasts needs to find a recharging station? This issue has been brought up when needed and as quickly forgotten.

The killing of Campbell and Montez in a relatively public forum was an incredible stupid move unless the powers behind the Hellfire Club wanted that, to incite even more mutant hatred and fear and prosecution. What I find laughable is that the show runners think that what happens here in the USA even effects the policies of other countries to the degree they think it does. If Polaris, Andy, Blink, or Eclipse ever find out that the Frost Sisters had the power to manipulate them I think their days are numbered. Well, Andy is an idiot so what he thinks does not matter. I am sure he will be the first one to put a human in a gas chamber after all he is so proud of his von Strucker past. Can't believe this show got renewed for a second season, it needs some massive improvements.

Forgot to mention one thing; snipers, where were the SWAT snipers, the Sentinel Services snipers? What they didn't have government funding? Really? A couple of snipers and no more mutants. Just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12