+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Happy! - Syfy

Happy! - Syfy

per Google:

Happy!

American television series

Based on the graphic novel of the same name, Nick Sax is a corrupt, intoxicated, ex-cop turned hit man who is adrift in a twilight world of casual murder, soulless sex, and betrayal. After a hit goes wrong, Nick finds a bullet in his side, the cops and the mob on his tail, and a monstrous killer on the loose. But his world is about to be changed forever by a tiny, imaginary, blue-winged horse with a relentlessly positive attitude named Happy. On their journey, they must contend with a laundry list of enemies including angry mobsters, ex-mistresses, ex-wives, and one very bad Santa.
    First episode date: December 6, 2017

Network: Syfy
    Executive producer(s): Neal H. Moritz; Pavun Shetty; Toby Jaffe; Chris Meloni; Patrick MacManus
    Program creator: Grant Morrison
    Directors: Brian Taylor, David Petrarca
    It is violent. It is wacky. I give Chris Meloni full credit for going 100% portraying Nick Sax.
    Punkin and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: Happy! - Syfy

Thanks, Bearcata! Don't usually do SciFi but love Meloni so I'll check it out. I think I saw a brief preview and wondered at the cartoon horse.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Thanks, Bearcata! Don't usually do SciFi but love Meloni so I'll check it out. I think I saw a brief preview and wondered at the cartoon horse.
    It is a flying donkey unicorn or donicorn named Happy! He is a Wishee.

This is NOT for young kids.
    Punkin likes this.

I thought Happy! was a blue flying unicorn or a Pegasus with a horn which is a more accurate description than the one viewer who called him a Donkey + Unicorn = Donkeycorn.

Episode 2 aired this week and Happy and Nick develop a relationship.

Hailey thinks she is talking to another kid in a box but it is creepy Santa.

Creepy Santa sends Hailey's mom, Amanda Hanson a creepy postcard.

Amanda and Nick were married and Meredith his partner helped destroy the marriage.

Amanda comes into the police station demanding Amanda help find kidnapped Hailey. Amanda claims Meredith owes her and Meredith says she doesn't owe Amanda anything. Well Meredith did sleep with Amanda's husband Nick which resulted in a wrecked marriage and Amanda being a single mom with a missing kid the police are not interested in finding. Amanda clocks Meredith. A well deserved punch.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I am enjoying this. Meloni is at his best when he plays deranged (Oz comes to mind). This show is so totally off the wall(but not just for the sake of it-the writing is so far holding up well). I was decorating our Christmas tree while the first two episodes aired as repeats on USA. Hey, there's a Christmas theme running through the story line. Sort of.
    The source material is clever and unexpected and completely twisted. So, I'm anxious to see how this plays out as a tv series.
    So far, so good.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

“Happy!” Season 1, Episode 3 - “When Christmas Was Christmas,” - airs on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 10 p.m. EST on Syfy.

Lots of flashback scenes depicting Sax's life as a cop and with Meredith as his partner. Chris Meloni, I think loves to play wacky characters and I think likes anything where he can run around naked, or half naked as long as his ass gets filmed.

Liked the titty bar, The North Pole where all the Santa's hang out. Mrs. Claws is creepy but gives Sax a clue. Very Bad Santa is nuts and can see Happy. Please save Happy.

Season 1 Episode 4 - "Year of the Horse" - airs on Wednesday, Dec. 27 at 10 p.m. EST on Syfy.

Syfy - Watch Full Episodes | Year of the Horse: Season 1, Episode 4

And we're back at it! Bad Santa's got Happy in his clutches, and he can see him, too. Weird. Turns out that if you believe in Happy, he's not imaginary. Santa then swallows Happy, because why not? But before Santa can finish Nick off with a pipe, Happy forces himself back up Santa's esophagus. The cops come, and Santa flees. But before he does, he leaves with Nick a clue: a thrown-up fortune cookie.
    What kills me is that the fortune cookie leads Sax to a Chinese cookie factory and the quote leads him to the exact restaurant Bad Santa orders take out from.

Debi Mazar as Isabella Scaramucci, Blue's sister appears. She is the mother of the boys Saz killed in the beginning of the series. She is one of the stars of a Reality TV Wives of Something and it is so weird to have the cameras rolling while she is identifying her boy's bodies in the morgue and her confrontations with her brother Blue the mod boss.

Blue's boss, Mr. Bug likes to dress up as a big bug. There is an underlying theme of folks dressing up as animals also known as Furry culture or Furries that is shown several times so far in the episodes.

There is a series of AHA moments in this episode and you just have to go along with it.

Episode 5 airs in two weeks on January 10, 2018.

Just watched episode 4 again for the big fight in Chinatown and the AHA moment when Sax and Happy find the building the kidnapped children are located.

Season 1 Episode 5 - "White Sauce? Hot Sauce?" - Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Listings - HAPPY! on SYFY | TheFutonCritic.com

Following a destructive family reunion, Sax and Happy go their separate ways; Merry is under investigation by Internal Affairs; Hailey and children are introduced to a far more terrifying prison.
    Still wacky and weird and lots and lots of violence.

Looks as if Police Internal Affairs is corrupt and putting pressure on Merry.

Smoothie has the kids in a mock school room and disciplining them.

Happy has disappeared.

Nick realizes Blue is behind the missing kids.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast