+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Law & Order: True Crime - Menendez Murders

Re: Fall 2017 TV Season

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    Maybe because they are males???? I'm not accusing, I'm just suggesting. I can't help but think if Lyle and Eric had been Lila and Erica people would have been more sympathetic, shouting from the rooftops, "How could that bastard molest his daughters like that?!?!? He deserved to die!!!"
    No, that's not it. I have worked with many male abuse victims. But thanks for trying to help me figure it out because I really want to know why I don't believe them. I read that they watched the Billionaire Boys Club movie and it inspired them to kill their parents, to get the money. It's also odd to me that they never told their therapist about the abuse, even after the parents were killed. But that can be explained I suppose, since the therapist was clearly a scumbag. I don't know!! But I don't believe them. And I feel bad about it!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    No, that's not it. I have worked with many male abuse victims. But thanks for trying to help me figure it out because I really want to know why I don't believe them. I read that they watched the Billionaire Boys Club movie and it inspired them to kill their parents, to get the money. It's also odd to me that they never told their therapist about the abuse, even after the parents were killed. But that can be explained I suppose, since the therapist was clearly a scumbag. I don't know!! But I don't believe them. And I feel bad about it!
    Eric wrote a play, about a rich kid who killed his parents for money.
    They killed them, and made it look like the mob had been involved. Lots of red flags for me.I keep wondering, while in prison, if they are watching this.After the murders, them buying all sorts of expensive stuff doesn't help their case IMO.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Eric wrote a play, about a rich kid who killed his parents for money.
    They killed them, and made it look like the mob had been involved. Lots of red flags for me.I keep wondering, while in prison, if they are watching this.After the murders, them buying all sorts of expensive stuff doesn't help their case IMO.
    I am glad I am not the only one! On the show, they show them in jail cells side by side, able to constantly communicate privately before the trial. I wonder if it was like that in real life? Because if so, they had plenty of time to get their stories straight. Another thing is that while the actors on the show were very convincing in their emotional testimony on the stand, the real brothers were far less convincing in my opinion.

Re: Law & Order: True Crime - Menendez Murders

I logged in and saw on the right-hand side of my screen this thread created 'by JosephD' and I was like,....when did I create a thread????

But I'm all caught up now.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I was never sure about the abuse, but watching this has made me lean towards believing them. The fact that the Menendez relatives testified they knew about some of the abuse, and a childhood friend testified that Lyle (or Eric?) confided to him about his father sexually abusing him and asked if his father did such things to him, makes their story more believable to me. What child who had never experienced the sexual abuse would make that up?

I think they've served enough time.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I was never sure about the abuse, but watching this has made me lean towards believing them. The fact that the Menendez relatives testified they knew about some of the abuse, and a childhood friend testified that Lyle (or Eric?) confided to him about his father sexually abusing him and asked if his father did such things to him, makes their story more believable to me. What child who had never experienced the sexual abuse would make that up?

I think they've served enough time.
    I know, I feel like I should believe them, I don't know why I don't. The relatives and friend recalling them telling about the abuse when they were children is compelling. On the other hand, why did Lyle ask his girlfriend to research sexual abuse cases of kids who killed their parents? I just don't know

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I know, I feel like I should believe them, I don't know why I don't. The relatives and friend recalling them telling about the abuse when they were children is compelling. On the other hand, why did Lyle ask his girlfriend to research sexual abuse cases of kids who killed their parents? I just don't know
    Why was he reading books on abuse and killing.? I get when they were younger, but as big strong teens, hmm I have doubts. I think they are very good actors( very good) anal sex at 6, would have been terrible, and certainly not easy to hide, let alone walk! Teachers. coaches nobody noticed that? I worked with a sexual assault line, and the damage that is done to someone so young..I just cant put it down

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1994/03/dunne199403
    Here is a link for you...its long, but very interesting
    redsox girl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

While I believe they were abused I also believe Leslie Abramson exaggerated the abuse far beyond what actually happened.
    This is purely Dick Wolfs spin on it based on what he believes . The whole picture isn't being presented.

They planned the murders. Pre-meditation takes it out of the "fear for my life" reaction.

I'm one who believes strongly that we should not judge how people behave after the deaths of loved one(s).
    But, it strains credibility to me that they chose to mourn by burning through their inheritance. With glee.
    Again, I believe they were abused (But, to the extent Abramson claims?)
    I also believe blowing out the brains of your parents the way they did, is wrong. Because they weren't being held against their will. They were free to go.
    It felt more like revenge.
    I'm opposed to the death penalty, I believe juveniles who commit murder shouldn't get life sentences .
    I am passionate about rehabilitation rather than permanent incarceration.
    I believe our justice system is biased against the poor and it's filled with overly zealous prosecutors and police officers who want to convict even when the defendants are innocent.
    So, for me to question The Menendez brothers takes a lot on soul searching on my part.
    RealityRealmer likes this.

I wonder how much of the trial information was actually true....the fact that Eric's attorney kept getting shut down at every turn. No matter what she tried, the judge silenced her. That judge seemed like a real insensitive prick which must have been a difficult role for Anthony Edwards to play considering he himself had been sexually abused as a child.
    redsox girl likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12