+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sack)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sack)

Character profile from HBO.com

"You know me...I don't stick my beak in."

In a roomful of wise guys, John "Johnny Sack" Sacramoni might not immediately draw your attention. He would be the one standing on the fringes of the ball busting and back slapping, quietly smoking a cigarette...and watching. The urbane underboss of the New York family, Johnny Sack is known for his sharp intellect and calm demeanor. He's a still-waters-run-deep guy who makes it a point to keep tabs on anything that could affect his business and keep his innermost thoughts to himself. Those qualities have made him a successful capo - and someone you definitely don't want as an enemy.

But relations between the Garden and Empire States have been good for some time, and Johnny has been an important ally of Tony's. For example, when Tony was annoyed that then-boss Junior was overtaxing Hesh, Johnny helped persuade Junior to relent. Johnny was happy to help; anything that helps keep the peace in one family is good for all.

If there's one subject that can make waves on Johnny's famously calm surface, it's his wife. The love of Johnny's life, Ginny Sacramoni is a woman who, in polite circles, would be described as "Rubenesque." In the back room of the Bada Bing, however, her weight is discussed in decidedly less enlightened terms. When he once walked in on Tony's crew having a Ginny-inspired yuckfest, a pointed "What's so funny?" from Johnny was enough to shut everybody up. After all, Johnny and Ginny recently moved to a spacious new home in New Jersey, and that's no way to talk about your neighbors. Johnny was quick to assure Tony that his intent in relocating was to be closer to his wife's family - not Tony's business. But, as is always the case with Johnny Sack, who knows if that's what he's really thinking?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I hope his character sticks around. I really like him....last week was really sad with his wife...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread