+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Good Doctor

FORT Fogey

The Good Doctor

I'm glad this show finally premiered last night after more than a month of the same coming attraction being shown 10 times an evening ("Who are you?" "I'm Dr. Sean Murphy!"). At least we're done with that.

The first episode is promising, and I look forward to seeing what happens to him as a kid after his brother died that brought him all the way to college and medical school. I suspect the doctor who is now president of the hospital took Sean under his wing. That poor kid ... his father killed his bunny, his mother didn't protect him and his little brother, or even come looking for them, and then the brother has a horrible accident and dies! It was very emotional for me. The acting is good ... so far I like this show.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Good Doctor

Yeah that was pretty wild with the dad throwing the bunny and then the boys living alone in the bus. That was a bit far fetched.

I loved House so I hope this one is good too.

That one patient went through a lot of stuff , even doctors out wandering the hospital while they did an echo. I will give a few more shows.

Why did you become a doctor?
    That seen had me crying like a baby.

I think the reviews I read are probably right: the show isn't as good as Freddie Highmore deserves. He was the best thing about the episode.
    Punkin, tinderbox and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think the show deserves a few more episodes before I write it off. I hope it gets better and finds its footing. A whole lot was packed into that pilot. It would be nice if the cheesy, soapy, unbelievable bits were pared down a bit. Freddy Highmore was the only one carrying the show.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 09-26-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    KTinCT likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I think the show deserves a few more episodes before I write it off.
    I agree. OTOH, I pretty much decided that the new Star Trek series isn't worth another minute of my life.
    9Cloud likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I enjoyed it. I think new shows always try to cram too much into the first episodes. I'm willing to give it a chance. I loved House; I guess I like quirky heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I think the show deserves a few more episodes before I write it off. I hope it gets better and finds its footing. A whole lot was packed into that pilot. It would be nice if the cheesy, soapy, unbelievable bits were pared down a bit. Freddy Highmore was the only one carrying the show.
    It has been given the green light for a full season.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I watched just part of the 2nd episode-- ( it is on too late for me.) I really did enjoy the characterization...the star got the voice and facial and physical nuances right. I have some time today so I will watch the 2 episodes.

I'm enjoying it. The flashback explanations are interesting and his learning nuances as he goes is also interesting.
    Punkin and tinderbox like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast