+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Good Doctor

Re: The Good Doctor

OK I finally watched BOTH EPI's last night.

Simply put .... hubby and I love this show.

We love FH anyway and we will love anything with FH in it!

But also with the 'House' feel .... just awesome AND now its been picked up for S2!!!
    Punkin, Dinahann and Coco46 like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm enjoying it. The flashback explanations are interesting and his learning nuances as he goes is also interesting.
    I'm with you. It's not a great show, but it's solid. I think it'll improve the more it goes. The set up is often tedious but once that's out of the way, it levels out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm enjoying the show. But, I'd watch anything Freddie Highmore is in.

I'll admit to lol a few times. Freddie knows how to deliver a line.
    Punkin, KTinCT and Coco46 like this.

Last night's episode (10/23) was very good.

I loved the chemistry between Dr. Murphy and the young male actor who played the boy with cancer (and Dr. Murphy's own brother, Steve). Too bad they're killing off the boy because it would be interesting to see the two develop a friendly relationship on screen in more episodes. I understand the young actor will still appear on the show, as Steve, but I LOVED his facial expressions, attitude, and overall interaction with Freddie's character.

I'm also enjoying the fact that many of the doctors on staff are learning how to deal and accept Dr. Murphy, in general.
    Arielflies and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

I was loving this episode ... and then about halfway into it, Dish TV lost ALL my local channels for the next hour! I was so angry!! Went to abc.com this morning to watch the show online, but they won't let me until a week has passed. Grrrrr.

So, in a nutshell, what happened after the boy told Sean he knew he had cancer? Did the man with tapeworms survive the surgery? Any other plot developments? I don't want to wait a week to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I was loving this episode ... and then about halfway into it, Dish TV lost ALL my local channels for the next hour! I was so angry!! Went to abc.com this morning to watch the show online, but they won't let me until a week has passed. Grrrrr.

So, in a nutshell, what happened after the boy told Sean he knew he had cancer? Did the man with tapeworms survive the surgery? Any other plot developments? I don't want to wait a week to find out.
    In a nutshell... Sean thought he may have discovered the boy's medical issue wasn't cancer AND TOLD THE BOY AND HIS PARENTS because it's so difficult for him to lie. It caused drama. Sadly, in the end, Sean was incorrect. The boy accepted his fate and, through one on one hospital bed conversations, he and Sean grew close.

The tapeworm guy lived and he grew closer to his estranged son.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    In a nutshell... Sean thought he may have discovered the boy's medical issue wasn't cancer AND TOLD THE BOY AND HIS PARENTS because it's so difficult for him to lie. It caused drama. Sadly, in the end, Sean was incorrect. The boy accepted his fate and, through one on one hospital bed conversations, he and Sean grew close.

The tapeworm guy lived and he grew closer to his estranged son.
    Thanks so much, tinderbox. I wonder why they had to make that kid the spitting image of Sean's deceased brother. I think he would have treated any young male patient the same way, but maybe not. I never knew tapeworm could be life-threatening. Yikes!

The look-alike was another plot tie-in to his childhood. It looks like flashbacks will be an ongoing part of the show.
    Punkin and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The look-alike was another plot tie-in to his childhood. It looks like flashbacks will be an ongoing part of the show.
    Yes, I appreciate the flashbacks and how they provide more insight into the character. I just don't know why the boy had to be the exact duplicate of his brother/same actor rather than a kid the same age who looked somewhat similar and reminded him of his brother. It just seemed not only preposterous but unnecessary. Anyway, I do like this show very much.

FORT Fanatic

Really like this show , actually I think this is the only new show this season that I stuck with . My daughter and I think the young doctor is so funny . Some things are far fetched I think but don't care. Also like that he isn't always right , the boy had cancer after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast