+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Star Trek Discovery (and After Trek) - CBS All Access

Star Trek Discovery (and After Trek) - CBS All Access

Star Trek, one of the most iconic and influential global television franchises, returns 50 years after it first premiered, with Star Trek: Discovery. The series will feature a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers. Star Trek: Discovery premieres September 24 on CBS All Access.
    Star Trek Discovery - Cast - CBS.com

After Trek will serve as the ultimate weekly forum for Star Trek fans with in-depth discussions and recaps of the latest Star Trek: Discovery episode. Each After Trek episode will feature host Matt Mira talking in-studio or via video feed with Star Trek: Discovery cast members and crew along with past Star Trek talent and celebrity fans. While watching, fans will be able to "engage" with the show via social and other interactive elements by using the hashtag #AfterTrek.
    After Trek - CBS.com

---------------------------

Episodes 1 and 2 are available now on CBS All Access. Episode 1 aired tonight on CBS (one-time only deal).

What do you think? Has anyone watched yet?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Star Trek Discovery (and After Trek) - CBS All Access

I watched---not enough of a fan to pay for all access, but I was interested to see the set up. Right now it looks like a set up to a lot of battles... hope that is not the case--I never watched Star Trek for the battles....that was more a Star Wars thing...

Darn football my DVR was recording and I turned it off thinking there was a glitch and forgetting it was football and missed that last 17 minutes ... maybe not that much as there seemed to be a lot of commercials. Looked good though.
    No goat killers on my island.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

The special effects were on track with the latest movie Star Treks. Wow...racial discrimination among the Klingons...who knew. The human (?) raised by Vulcans came off more stringent than pushy - maybe the actress? I did like the captain and the mix of species on the bridge. I do have All Access ($10/mo) so will watch when I remember. It's not like I can depend on my DVR to remember for me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I watched the pilot episode. Didn't care for it. Probably won't watch the rest of it. However, just for fun, here's a picture that came up on my Facebook memories from 6 years ago. We were at a McDonald's in Victoria, BC . . and look who walked in for lunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I watched---not enough of a fan to pay for all access, but I was interested to see the set up. Right now it looks like a set up to a lot of battles... hope that is not the case--I never watched Star Trek for the battles....that was more a Star Wars thing...
    I didn't watch it but let me ask, is only episode one going to be on regular TV?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I didn't watch it but let me ask, is only episode one going to be on regular TV?
    Yes, the premiere aired on Sunday night on CBS. The rest of the show is only on CBS All Access.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yes, the premiere aired on Sunday night on CBS. The rest of the show is only on CBS All Access.
    Thanks. DH watched it and thought it was only the second episode on All Access but it would be on regular TV this Sunday. I didn't watch so I really didn't pay attention. He said he liked it but wouldn't pay for it.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

If I have to pay for something, it has to be something better than this.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If I have to pay for something, it has to be something better than this.
    I know I already pay enough for cable. If its not going to be on there, I would not pay anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast