+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Fall/Winter 2017 TV Season

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Fall 2017 TV Season

Crit, I agree about The Orville, it is really growing on me. this week's episode was a bit darker.. for it being a spoof and given the comedic elements to begin the series. It was nice to see Robert Knepper even if it was brief. I also enjoyed James Morrison Next week Charlize Theron guests... I think it is really gaining a bit of traction, but I am often wrong, lol.

I watched Me, Myself, and I.. unintentionally.. and loved it! Urkel and all. I have added it to the DVR.

I am recording Inhumans, it is my kid's Homecoming week this week so I will be at the game tonight (Go Lions! ).. like Bearcata said, I am a glutton for punishment. lol (I should NOT watch in protest of Agent Carter I still miss my Peggy!). I worry I will have a hard time getting past Ramsay Bolton in my MCU. Iwan DOES play a splendid villain, so I will move past the GoT stigma quick enough I am sure.

I caught bits of Young Sheldon, I was involved in something at the time and wasn't able to give it my full attention plus I missed the first 15 min.. I kinda liked it. It is definitely NOT TBBT, at least to me. I plan on re-watching it OnDemand as soon as I can.
    Critical likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Crit, I agree about The Orville, it is really growing on me. this week's episode was a bit darker.. for it being a spoof and given the comedic elements to begin the series. It was nice to see Robert Knepper even if it was brief. I also enjoyed James Morrison Next week Charlize Theron guests... I think it is really gaining a bit of traction, but I am often wrong, lol.

I watched Me, Myself, and I.. unintentionally.. and loved it! Urkel and all. I have added it to the DVR.

I am recording Inhumans, it is my kid's Homecoming week this week so I will be at the game tonight (Go Lions! ).. like Bearcata said, I am a glutton for punishment. lol (I should NOT watch in protest of Agent Carter I still miss my Peggy!). I worry I will have a hard time getting past Ramsay Bolton in my MCU. Iwan DOES play a splendid villain, so I will move past the GoT stigma quick enough I am sure.

I caught bits of Young Sheldon, I was involved in something at the time and wasn't able to give it my full attention plus I missed the first 15 min.. I kinda liked it. It is definitely NOT TBBT, at least to me. I plan on re-watching it OnDemand as soon as I can.
    I think I'm an episode behind, but I've enjoyed The Orville more with each episode. It's hard sometimes for shows that go outside the usual formula. They seem to take longer to find their footing. I'm going to keep watching.

I'm totally on board for Inhumans both because of Iwan Rheon (hoping I can watch him and NOT see Ramsay Bolton!) and because of Anson Mount, who I've missed since Hell on Wheels went off the air.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Orville - I really didn't like the premiere and it looks as if lots of folks didn't, however one of my co-workers says it gets better as does the TVGuide, so I watched episode 2 On Demand. Yes it was better.
    No goat killers on my island.

Loved the Inhumans. It got a bit heavy and soapy with the coup, but the characters are interesting. I'm really surprised that the brother who didn't change in telegenesis wasn't turned to dust like those without the gene here on earth are prone to do. But, he carries that being different in Hamlet like poses and sneers beautifully.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm in for Inhumans. I look forward to seeing how they maintain the interest over the series. I gotta say, I think the actor playing the king has one tough job. He has to emote solely with facial expressions!!

Tonight is the premiere of The Gifted which I have been looking forward to. And I'm adding Lucifer to my list for this season because Tom Welling is joining the cast and I'm interested and curious to see how he does. I feel like he's been out of sight for so long although I've heard he's done some well received supporting work in films which I have not seen. Maybe if this guest role goes well, he'll either become a regular or get his own show. I've been a fan since Smallville so I'm hoping for the best for him.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Watched Crowd Source. Rather intense and could get totally out of hand in a mob mentality way, but it was interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Watched Crowd Source. Rather intense and could get totally out of hand in a mob mentality way, but it was interesting.
    We did as well. I kept thinking, oh no vigilante justice, but when they kept their distance, and kept that one guy captive, I was okay. I still love the CCTV they have in the UK.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I got the name wrong, but the idea is the same.

FORT Fogey

Watched The Gifted, and Iím in. Great cast, good action, and nice initial setup. Reminds of Riverdale with the right balance between the kids and the adults. Iíll be watching next week!

The Gifted = The Tomorrow People v2.0

I liked The Tomorrow People and I liked The Gifted. It's sooooo weird to see Stephen Moyer tan and smiling instead of pasty and grumpy. I still just want to go "Beeeeelllll" when I see him (Lol - True Blood reference if you don't get it) Amy Acker in the mom role makes me feel old!

I enjoyed Tom Welling on Lucifer thought his part is small. He looks great. It was fun seeing some of those same facial expressions from the Smallville days. I read some articles that basically said that he only agreed to do the show since it was filmed in LA. He'll be on for 15 episodes and I'm still hoping to see him back on TV more.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast