+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Fall/Winter 2017 TV Season

Re: Fall 2017 TV Season

The Brave - Unfortunately this is scheduled at the same time as Scorpion so it's a DVR item for me. However, it seemed solid off the bat. The collection of characters were interesting and no one annoyed me If they keep up the action, I will stick with it. Plus, you know, Mike Vogel *fans self*

It's interesting that there are two conceptually similar shows this season - The Brave and SEAL Team. I don't like it when that happens because one always gets cancelled and it's usually the one I like!

I think SEAL Team starts tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing if they're different enough to find their own audiences.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm recording Seal Time for DH.
    How was Anne Heche in The Brave. I have it recorded but I just don't care for her, in any show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    The Brave - Unfortunately this is scheduled at the same time as Scorpion so it's a DVR item for me. However, it seemed solid off the bat. The collection of characters were interesting and no one annoyed me If they keep up the action, I will stick with it. Plus, you know, Mike Vogel *fans self*

It's interesting that there are two conceptually similar shows this season - The Brave and SEAL Team. I don't like it when that happens because one always gets cancelled and it's usually the one I like!

I think SEAL Team starts tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing if they're different enough to find their own audiences.
    The CW will have Valor so you will have 3 similar shows.
    No goat killers on my island.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

We watched The Brave. Yikes, I was on the edge of my seat!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Don't care about Young Sheldon. I got bored with BBT many years ago, so the prequel doesn't interest me.

I need to watch Me, Myself and I OnDemand. I hadn't planned to watch, but I saw a preview and was impressed. I like the lead actors, so I'm going to check it out.

I liked The Good Doctor, even though it was a little precious. I hope the writing gets better, because I really like Freddie Highmore.

I need to catch up with the new Star Trek. I don't have CBS All Access, but not having a channel never gets in way if I want to see a show
    IN bold....already picked up for Season 2.

Marvel's INHUMANS will have their two-hour TV debut Friday, 9/29 starting at 8 PM on ABC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So reviews of the "they do what others can't" series continue with last night's SEAL Team. And it was.... just ok. The plot was almost identical (I kid you not) to the plot of The Brave. I'm not sure how many variations on these types of plots they'll be able to come up with. Anyhoo, it was not as gripping as The Brave and I was honestly a bit bored. There were several characters that irritated me and I am not sure this is the right vehicle for David Boreanaz. His acting was fine but the character just seems so blah. It was suffocating all his natural charisma.

We'll have to see how Valor stacks up.
    9Cloud likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I gave Seal Team a try, since my daughter's BF is a SWCC. I don't normally care for these types of shows, and this one just did not grab me. I fell asleep during The Brave, and may watch it on demand. It was keeping my interest until dreamland came calling.

What's streaming in October: 'Stranger Things,' 'Chance,' 'Mindhunter'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ter/709198001/
    KAREN

The third episode of The Orville was really good, especially since the premiere wasn't great. It's gotten pretty good reviews and many critics have noted that the show has improved. I'm going to keep watching. Not every show is great right from the get-go and I like the cast.

I know some posters here didn't have any interest in The Deuce, and I wasn't super excited about it because I'm not a James Franco fan. I watched it anyway and by the second episode, I was hooked. You have to be okay with frank talk of sex and sexuality AND with seeing nudity and sex. I think it's doing a nice job of presenting multi-layered characters. Still not hot on James Franco, but he's not terrible AND he's not in every scene, even though he's playing two roles.

Not really interested in Seal Team. I'm a fan of the Whedonverse, but I've never been that gaga over David Boreanaz. He's pleasant enough, I guess, but I don't see why he keeps getting series. There are definitely better actors who AREN'T getting the roles he does. I watched The Brave and it was okay. If I keep watching, it will be for Mike Vogel. He's delicious. I did have to laugh at the scenes where they were staked out watching that terrorist and his character looked like he was straight out of Central Casting for a special ops military guy, complete with scarf and scruffy beard

Is it me, or do most of the new network shows seem, well, kind of bland? There's not much that I'm really eager to see. Not a big deal, since I already have plenty of shows on my watch list and I generally only pick up one of two new shows every year anyway.

ClosetRTWatcher - Life in Pieces is going into its third season. It's literally the only 30 minute comedy (I don't consider it a sitcom, really) that I watch regularly. IMO, it's got one of the best casts on TV right now. Even if it was ONLY Dianne Wiest, I'd still say it was one of the best on TV, so everyone else is gravy!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast