+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Fall/Winter 2017 TV Season

Re: Fall 2017 TV Season

Phooey. No new shows, and one of my favorites was moved to a night I usually can't watch. (I don't tape and I don't pay extra to watch. Maybe I'll have to rethink that policy.)
    woodiedog likes this.

Critical - you must have an intestinal fortitude unrivaled by any other if you're willing to stick with The Orville.
    Do you subscribe to CBS All Access? I am a fan of Star Trek (we watch a lot of Voyager and TNG in my house) but I'm slightly disappointed that the return of Trek to TV is set in the past. I wish they would do a series in the front of the timeline instead of the back. Like after Nemesis. I might check out the pilot of Discovery but I wouldn't pay extra to get it.
    libgirl2 and woodiedog like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Did anyone watch the premiere of The Deuce on HBO. I liked it. It was pretty convoluted but in a good way to hook you to see how the different storylines ultimately intersect.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Did anyone watch the premiere of The Deuce on HBO. I liked it. It was pretty convoluted but in a good way to hook you to see how the different storylines ultimately intersect.
    I think I read this morning that the show has already been picked up for Season 2.
    woodiedog likes this.

The week of 9/25 starts a lot of the new fall seasons. I've been able to reach out with my DVR wand and set up those I want to watch. TV magic.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The week of 9/25 starts a lot of the new fall seasons. I've been able to reach out with my DVR wand and set up those I want to watch. TV magic.
    Same here, gosh what a workout the DVR gets that week!
    Arielflies likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Orville - No
    Star Trek: Discovery - Yes except I will not pay extra for CBS All Access
    The Duece - No, I find it incredibly boring the Bro likes it

Not really seeing anything I want to watch besides Fox's The Gifted, does Once Upon A Time count as new since they kinda rebooted the show?

Midseason The Crossing on NBC looks interesting

Inhumans because I am a glutton for punishment
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-25-2017 at 01:20 AM.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fanatic

So far not liking Young Sheldon and Me Myself and I.

Didn't really find them funny. I did like the Good Doctor , I loved House so lets see how this one goes.

Don't care about Young Sheldon. I got bored with BBT many years ago, so the prequel doesn't interest me.

I need to watch Me, Myself and I OnDemand. I hadn't planned to watch, but I saw a preview and was impressed. I like the lead actors, so I'm going to check it out.

I liked The Good Doctor, even though it was a little precious. I hope the writing gets better, because I really like Freddie Highmore.

I need to catch up with the new Star Trek. I don't have CBS All Access, but not having a channel never gets in way if I want to see a show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Orville - I have watched the first two episodes. The first was AWFUL. It felt like the entire show was based on breakup jokes. I get that it is a Star Trek spoof, but I wish it weren't quite so on the nose. It opens the door to direct comparisons, which is not good for this show. The second episode was *marginally* better, but still not good. I do have to admit that I was a bit intrigued at the very end when the genderless "bizarro-Worf" character declared its offspring as female. Now I want to know how this happens in a genderless species, so I will stick in for at least one more episode.

Star Trek Discovery - I would really like to watch this show, but I'm out for now. I was annoyed that it was airing on a CBS streaming service when I already pay for CBS as part of my cable service. Then I found out that on top of paying for the streaming service, you have to pay an additional premium to get commercial free. No no no. I will wait for the season to complete and then get a trial of the service or pay for one month and binge the series.

The Mayor - Young rapper runs for mayor to get himself some press and unexpectedly ends up winning. I watched the premiere and it was enough for me to give it a chance.

Life in Pieces - I think this show is starting its second season this fall, but I just checked it out and it's interesting. I'm catching up on Netflix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast