+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Fall 2017 TV Season

Re: Fall 2017 TV Season

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm totally on board for Inhumans both because of Iwan Rheon (hoping I can watch him and NOT see Ramsay Bolton!) and because of Anson Mount, who I've missed since Hell on Wheels went off the air.
    Yeah, so his character is basically Ramsay without the British accent and (so far, anyway) torture fetish. Disappointing that he took a role so close to the one he's known for. Hope that doesn't come back to bite him in the future and limit him in trying to get more varied roles.

Because I love Mark Feuerstein, I gave 9JKL a try. It's only because I love him so much that I lasted 10 minutes (and it was a herculean effort). Just terrible. Good cast too. They deserve better. I'm not a sitcom person, but this was really bad.

LOVED The Gifted! It's probably my favorite new series so far. So happy to have Amy Acker back on my TV!

I'm watching SEAL Team right now and it's just alright. Probably won't watch again. Meh.

In case no one has posted this one, TV Guide has a list of ALL new shows (including mid-season replacements/premieres):
    Fall TV Shows: New Shows | TVGuide.com
    beerbelly and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just watched the first episode of "The Mayor". I found it very charming with a great cast! ABC released the first ep early, but I believe it plays tonight!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I'm surprised at the responses to the [B]Orville[B]. My husband and I really enjoy it. It is light and funny without being overdone. On the other hand, we missed the first hour of the new [B]Star Trek[[B] and both of us thought it was awful. We don't even care to watch the part we missed - very disappointing. The original Star Trek was my favorite series on TV and I was looking forward to this one. I hope it gets better, but I don't care to even try it. I love [B]Versailles[B] and a lot of the other new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I just watched the first episode of "The Mayor". I found it very charming with a great cast! ABC released the first ep early, but I believe it plays tonight!
    I liked it too! I'm not a half hour comedy person, but this doesn't feel like a sitcom - not a studio audience/canned laugh track situation. I love Yvette Nicole Brown, so I would have given it a chance just because of her.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Top 10 most talked-about new broadcast TV shows

The Good Doctor (ABC)
    Will & Grace (NBC)
    Young Sheldon (CBS)
    Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders (NBC)
    Star Trek: Discovery (CBS)
    Marvel's Inhumans (ABC)
    SEAL Team (CBS)
    The Gifted (Fox)
    The Orville (Fox)
    The Brave (NBC)

Exclusive: Which new TV shows are people talking about?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ace/729570001/
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Because I love Mark Feuerstein, I gave 9JKL a try. It's only because I love him so much that I lasted 10 minutes (and it was a herculean effort). Just terrible. Good cast too. They deserve better. I'm not a sitcom person, but this was really bad.
    I tried to watch it too. Premise seemed okay and I enjoy a fun sitcom, not everything has to be deep, just want a laugh or two. It was awful. Painful awful. I made it until the end but had lost interest about half way in.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders
    I'm interested to see where this goes, especially listening to Edie Falco and what she had said, about how everyone jumped to a wrong conclusion..
    libgirl2 and Arielflies like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hate the first episode of The Orville. The second one was only marginally better. HOWEVER, I watched episodes 3 & 5 over the weekend (at least I think it was 5, there was no 4 in my OnDemand list). These were the episodes with Bortus's child and the one where Charlize Theron guest starred. They were both much better than the first two. I will continue to watch at this point. I really appreciated the episode about the child because they tackled the fuzzy lines that exist when trying to make judgements about other cultures. It was a serious issue and it was great that they set aside the constant (and often terrible) jokes. The comedy is the least interesting (and most ham-fisted) part of the show. The relationships and personalities they are building are much more interesting.

I didn't realize Steven Moyer was starring as the dad in The Gifted. It makes me more interested in checking out the show. I'm curious to see him in a non-Bill role!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-09-2017 at 12:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345