+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Midnight, Texas (NBC Mondays 10 PM)

Midnight, Texas (NBC Mondays 10 PM)

I couldn't find a thread so I'm starting fresh with this show. I watched the premiere and liked the concept very much. There is just the right amount of creepiness in the setting and the characters. Good magical fun for the summer.

The premiere was last Monday, but you can catch On Demand or on the NBC website.

https://www.nbc.com/midnight-texas?nbc=1

About the Show

Welcome to a place where being normal is really quite strange. From Niels Arden Oplev, the visionary director of "Mr. Robot," and based on the hit book series from author Charlaine Harris ("True Blood"), comes a journey into a remote Texas town where no one is who they seem. From vampires and witches to psychics and hit men, Midnight is a mysterious safe haven for those who are different. As the town members fight off outside pressures from rowdy biker gangs, ever-suspicious cops and their own dangerous pasts, they band together and form a strong and unlikely family.

The cast includes François Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Arielle Kebbel, Jason Lewis, Peter Mensah, Sarah Ramos and Yul Vázquez.

Monica Owusu-Breen serves as writer and executive producer. David Janollari and Director Niels Arden Oplev also executive produce. "Midnight, Texas" is produced by Universal Television and David Janollari Entertainment.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: Midnight, Texas (NBC Mondays 10 PM)

I enjoyed the first episode
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I really enjoyed the first episode, interesting concept and characters & the CGI was pretty good on a TV budget I have to admit I initially only decided to watch this new series because of the lead actor Francois Arnaud, I became a fan of him ever since I watched him in The Borgias, but I have come to really like the other characters in this show too and will definitely be watching the rest, the first episode has me hooked instantly!
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

Great 2nd episode! The characters and connections are starting to fall into place. That policewoman was crazy to break that chain and go down into the chamber. I was not expecting a tiger, however! Next week...vampires.

I like this show too! The first episode got me hooked that It's now on my DVR list.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I like it as well. From my hazy recollection of the books, they seem to be following the plot pretty closely. The first two episodes were great. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    I like it as well. From my hazy recollection of the books, they seem to be following the plot pretty closely. The first two episodes were great. Let's hope they can keep it up.
    That's funny, I read/listened to the books and the seem to be veering of book plot rather quickly. I don't really agree with the casting of Bernardo or Fiji but the biggest difference is the feel of the town and the people. I really hated the female sheriff and what she did to Bobo and the Sons of Lucifer was so lame and cliche. I remember the female police office in the books being very smart and knew how to handle having supes in the area not being stupid and reckless enough to open a chained door with no cause and while suspended but by deliberately putting Bobo in a cell with 4 or 5 Sons of Lucifer who were intent on beating him up and possibly crippling him or killing him just to get Bobo to confess to a murder he did not commit. I find that lame and lazy writing and so stereotypical that it is laughable and sad, it also makes me angry as the source material is so good that the producers and writers are messing up a good thing.
    No goat killers on my island.

since I've never read the novels I don't care whether the show follows closely to the novel or not, I love it just the way it is and episode 2 is even better than the pilot, the first 2 eps has me hooked on this show instantly and I can't wait to watch ep 3 next week! And I actually love Francois Arnaud as Manfred, I see nothing wrong with his casting as the lead...ok, maybe I'm bias because I love Francois!

And I actually like all the characters in this series, from Manfred to Bobo, Joe, Fiji, Olivia etc, I like them all and I very rarely like all the characters in a TV show or movie...ok well there are still some exceptions, I dislike the cops & the "Sons of Lucifer" gangsters in this series, but they don't seem to be important characters anyway.
    Dinahann, beerbelly and Fo'Realz? like this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Season 1 Episode 1 - "Pilot" - July 24, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight,_Texas

Cast:

François Arnaud as Manfred Bernardo, a psychic
    Dylan Bruce as Bobo Winthrop, a pawn shop owner
    Parisa Fitz-Henley as Fiji Cavanaugh, a witch
    Arielle Kebbel as Olivia, a freelance hitman
    Jason Lewis as Joe Strong, a fallen angel
    Sarah Ramos as Creek, a waitress
    Peter Mensah as Lemuel, a vampire
    Yul Vazquez as Rev. Emilio Sheehan, a weretiger
    Sean Bridgers as the Sheriff
    Pursued by a mysterious man named Hightower, young psychic Manfred Barnardo flees his life in Dallas and moves to the mysterious town of Midnight, Texas. While there, he meets the locals and forms a bond with a waitress named Creek. However, soon after his arrival the many members of the town begin to show impossible secrets, and a young woman named Aubrey Harrison is found dead. Manfred attempts to connect with Aubrey's spirit to solve her murder, but accidentally floods his house full of ghosts and evil spirits. Manfred uses her tip-off on his Ouija board to locate the murder weapon, which the police link to his landlord and Aubrey's fiancee Bobo. At the end of the episode, Bobo is arrested, much to the disbelief of the local community, especially local "wiccan" Fiji, who attacks the police car with magic. Manfred returns to his house to find it glowing orange and filled with ghosts and evil spirits.
    No goat killers on my island.

Thanks! I love that Jason is a 'fallen angel'!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast